• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Looking for some Help

Reaction score
So, I was putting the Wing back together ... had it all back together except for the windshield nose cover and decided to test the adjustability of the windscreen.

So I loosened the side clamps and pull the wind shield up. It ratchets up like it is supposed to, but, when it gets to the top, it won't release. I jiggled it like it sometimes needs. A metal piece fell out. The windscreen will not release to go back down.

Here's a pic of what came out:

2019-01-22 14.39.33.jpg

It has something to do with the ratcheting mechanism. The manual is useless ... I tried babbitsonline, looking at the windshield parts picture ... not very clear.

Anybody that knows where this goes or has a picture of where it goes, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

Best Guess

http://www.2wheelpros.com/oem-parts...screen-1-assembly.html?partnum=90657-SB0-003#

[FONT=&quot][h=1]HONDA - CAM B, ADJUSTER[/h][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
0000130118.jpg

honda.gif
[h=4]Manufacturer[/h]Brand New, Genuine Honda Part[h=4]Manufacturer Part#[/h]64543-MCA-000[h=4]Item Number[/h]OEM130118

[/FONT]

I think you are right ... the picture really doesn't show how it goes together .. got some work to do. Cam Adjuster a or b hard to say from the picture, but probably B

I did find an article about replacing this part ... the guy basically said this is common and getting the part back in is almost impossible ... he recommends removing it all together .. he claims the locks will hold it in place and you can just bypass the locks.

I did find an article about replacing this part ... the guy basically said this is common and getting the part back in is almost impossible ... he recommends removing it all together .. he claims the locks will hold it in place and you can just bypass the locks.

I don't know if this is the article you found, but seems to have some good information & may be helpful/useful so thought I'd at least post it here in case it helps you or others with this. I also replied to your PM with a bit more information as well, but posting here in case it may help anyone else in addition.

http://www.edsets.com/docs/GL1800 Windshield Adjuster.pdf

I don't know if this is the article you found, but seems to have some good information & may be helpful/useful so thought I'd at least post it here in case it helps you or others with this. I also replied to your PM with a bit more information as well, but posting here in case it may help anyone else in addition.

http://www.edsets.com/docs/GL1800 Windshield Adjuster.pdf

Another great article .... little better pictures and maybe a more permanent fix.

I'd like to thank everyone for their help ... I'll keep you updated how it goes.

Great article ... I totally forgot about the GL1800riders forums ... guess I've got spoiled with TT only ... LOL.

I'm gonna give this a shot today when it gets warmer.

When John aka highpockets posted it he had great pictures that showed you step by step procedures on where he drilled the hole and put the split pin but since the site updated the pictures didn't follow. If you run into problems I can text him and see if he still has the pictures.

When John aka highpockets posted it he had great pictures that showed you step by step procedures on where he drilled the hole and put the split pin but since the site updated the pictures didn't follow. If you run into problems I can text him and see if he still has the pictures.

Okay ... so if you could get those pictures ... especially how he gets the slider and track out, I would truly appreciate that.

I couldn't wait until noon when it warmed up a tad, was up a couple times last night thinking about this ... so I bundled up in layers and headed out.

After an hour of trying to get to the bolts that hold the track and shuttle in, and tearing up my hand.

Finger.jpg

I concentrated my efforts on getting the shuttle to the lowest position and once I did that, I decided to get the bike back together so that it could sit calmly in the garage on a battery tender while I recover from the knee replacement on the 29th.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every one that helped with photos, articles, and moral support. I would not of been able to get the shuttle down without pictures of the mechanism so I could see how it works.

My plan is to tackle this again after I recover and when the temp outside is at least 50*. The temp when I started was 23*, but reached to a balmy 29* by time I finished. I did take her for a 5 mile test ride and all is good.

Thanks Again everyone .. if you need help and can't find it here ... you ain't asking right. Thanks also to Zook for creating this awesome community that provides one stop shopping for info on most trikes and most bikes.

My adjuster has gone to crap too. Some times it jams up and if I smack the top hard enough it will drop. Ive also had the nose off a time or ten and just flipped the adjuster out of the way.

I don't recommend smacking the top of the wind screen or yanking up and down.

1 - It hurts your hand ALOT.

2- Ive cracked the upper left side of the track too. Yanking on it.

That I fixed using JB weld for plastic. Played body man and smeared on a bunch then smoothed it out.

This has been 1 PIA for me since owning the GW.

I guess Ive more or less just learned not to adjust the shield and leave it all the way up for now.

Some pics.

Attachments

• P0005204[1].jpg
    P0005204[1].jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 86
  • P0005211[1].jpg
    P0005211[1].jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 87
  • P0005205[1].jpg
    P0005205[1].jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 90
  • P0005206[1].jpg
    P0005206[1].jpg
    462.3 KB · Views: 95
More

Attachments

• P0005207[1].jpg
    P0005207[1].jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 87
  • P0005208[1].jpg
    P0005208[1].jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 88
  • P0005209[1].jpg
    P0005209[1].jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 90
  • P0005210[1].jpg
    P0005210[1].jpg
    388 KB · Views: 89

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png