Gold wing question

​Being as I know nothing at all about wings is a 2000 motor trike conversion with 100k too many miles, asking for a friend. Thanks in advance

People that owned Harleys will say ;Yes... And people that owned Wings will say;

No. With the Caveat as long as proper maintenance was followed on the wing...

Depends on price

I wouldn't be worried if it was serviced/maintained on schedule. Motor Trikes have scheduled maintenance just the the wing part.

I have seen Goldwings with over 150,000 (s)miles...

I believe the question to ask is "*** HOW WELL WAS THE BIKE ITSELF BEEN CARED FOR***

A well cared for GW 100,000 is just being broken in......A not cared for GW will be asking for problems...

I have a good friend, that has packed his bike up, with his camping equipment with over 120,000 miles, and is heading to Alaska this spring, leaving from Massachusetts

Ronnie

I have a friend that has an 01 with 224,xxx miles .... but that is an 1800 ... the 2000 is a 1500? Right? Little more maintenance involved, especially with the carbs. Still if it's maintained ... could go another 100-150 k easily.

Hello James

like others has said if it was taken care of, not to many miles. on the 1500 ( 250,000) is fairly common. I know one man that has 500,000 and still going, that is uncommon, but does happen. I have a 2000 gl1500se and I have 100,000, would not be afraid to go any were on it, and plane on riding it for many years.

Had a 1991 SE 1500 Goldwing Trike a few years ago with 121,000 miles in it when I bought it. Was the best running, quietest and smoothest transmission of all the 1500’s and 1800’s l’ve ever owned. Don’t know anything bout the maintenance or service. Sold it with 128,000 miles and the new owner still rides it. Never a issue with it. If you are familiar with the general operation of a goldwing and it preforms as it should after it is at operating temperature, starts good and runs good and you feel comfortable on it, and the price is right considering the miles and cosmetics it’s worth checking into. :wave4:

I won't write a novel on this one but will mention something that I would STRONGLY recommend looking into and consider it to be a very important part of the decision.

Repair, parts, & tech support for the motorcycle itself. I'm beginning to see less and less support for the GL1500 in regards to replacement parts and even in availability of "qualified" techs that actually work on bikes that old and know what they are doing.

Honda has ended a great deal (if not all) of their "part support" for the GL1500. We get calls weekly from people hoping we might have a rear brake master cylinder, body parts, etc for a bike they have because they can't get the parts & are scouring sources hoping to get lucky.

There are a lot of other factors that may come into play, but most have been addressed already.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png