Avon trike tire

PosseRider

3750+ Posts
Jan 29, 2016
Dayton, Ohio
Started to look for a new tire for the TriGlide & can not find the Avon front Trike tire. What happened ??? Says discontinued.. Why is it every time a good tire , has great mileage, it is gone ?? Anyway, has anyone found another great front tire for the TriGlide ?? :confused::confused:

Started to look for a new tire for the TriGlide & can not find the Avon front Trike tire. What happened ??? Says discontinued.. Why is it every time a good tire , has great mileage, it is gone ?? Anyway, has anyone found another great front tire for the TriGlide ?? :confused::confused:

Hay Bill I found some for my 1500 on ( rocky Mountain ATV MC )just a few min. ago.

First, I want to thank Red & Jr. I did see they have a couple at JP, but, If they have quit making this tire, makes me wonder how old the tires are at JP... I have emailed Avon & asked what they recommend for the Trike now & also how long they have been discontinued. That Cobra Trike tire is a great tire hate they have quit it. Maybe I will have some answers tomorrow. They are in England so time zones lololol I have 20,000 on this tire now .Still looks good but I would like another.

Remember Red from last years Hill Country. As for Jr.........who can forget him.loolo Yer my buddy !! Say hello to Darlene. Cya again in Oct. We are in Florida for 6-8 weeks & going to the Snowbird gathering in 2 weeks at Ormond Beach.

When I hear from Avon, will post their reply for all

First, I want to thank Red & Jr. I did see they have a couple at JP, but, If they have quit making this tire, makes me wonder how old the tires are at JP... I have emailed Avon & asked what they recommend for the Trike now & also how long they have been discontinued. That Cobra Trike tire is a great tire hate they have quit it. Maybe I will have some answers tomorrow. They are in England so time zones lololol I have 20,000 on this tire now .Still looks good but I would like another.

Remember Red from last years Hill Country. As for Jr.........who can forget him.loolo Yer my buddy !! Say hello to Darlene. Cya again in Oct. We are in Florida for 6-8 weeks & going to the Snowbird gathering in 2 weeks at Ormond Beach.

When I hear from Avon, will post their reply for all

I am getting rid of my last year stock.

Is this what you are looking for ??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202571483021?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

email from Avon

Got a reply this morning.

Motorcycle Technical <motorcycletechnical@coopertire.com>

3:59 AM (4 hours ago)

Hi,

Thank you for the below email.

We produce a MT90B16 Cobra Chrome Trike tyre. Our Cobra Chrome range has replaced the Cobra range.

Many thanks,

Avon Motorcycle Technical

As yet I have not seen a 16. On their site it only shows an 18. They did not tell me how long ago it was discontinued...Thanks Lee for your response, but is about $35 over JP. They are $128 & free ship. I will continue trying to find the new in a 16"

I got my Avon Trike tire from J& P dealer a few months ago.......

Ronnie

Was it a 16" ?? I am now going to wait a bit For the NEW & IMPROVED tire. No sense buying a discontinued tire when the new are a bit wider footprint, better wet handling & stopping ..Several now have the 18" & talked to another dealer that can get a 16 within several days.

[h=1]Avon Unveils New Cobra Chrome Tire Range[/h]New rubber has improved longevity and more fitment options for customizers and cruiser riders

Was it a 16" ?? I am now going to wait a bit For the NEW & IMPROVED tire. No sense buying a discontinued tire when the new are a bit wider footprint, better wet handling & stopping ..Several now have the 18" & talked to another dealer that can get a 16 within several days.

Avon Unveils New Cobra Chrome Tire Range

New rubber has improved longevity and more fitment options for customizers and cruiser riders

Unfortunately it looks like even the new Chrome trike tire will only be offered in the basic Goldwing tire size. I've gotta say, I'm not too terribly surprised that they stopped offering their trike tire in the 16" HD tire size. The large majority of their tire sales in the trike industry are to the Goldwing base by a good margin.

Capture.JPG

Unfortunately it looks like even the new Chrome trike tire will only be offered in the basic Goldwing tire size. I've gotta say, I'm not too terribly surprised that they stopped offering their trike tire in the 16" HD tire size. The large majority of their tire sales in the trike industry are to the Goldwing base by a good margin.

View attachment 67943

You must not read everything. Post above yours states, they gave me a # for the 16" & a dealer already confirmed he can have it in 3-5 days........

I did see your post in regards to them being able to get one, that is why I took the time to comment & post a reply.

I would verify that they are ordering the TRIKE version. There is an Avon Chrome product line for 2 wheelers that are available in multiple sizes also.

This was a common point of confusion when the AV71 Trike tire was released also because they had a standard AV71 series tire & then the Trike version which were completely different tires.

According to Avon Tyres & my contact within Avon they are not producing a 16" trike tire in the Chrome product line.

I did see your post in regards to them being able to get one, that is why I took the time to comment & post a reply.

I would verify that they are ordering the TRIKE version. There is an Avon Chrome product line for 2 wheelers that are available in multiple sizes also.

This was a common point of confusion when the AV71 Trike tire was released also because they had a standard AV71 series tire & then the Trike version which were completely different tires.

According to Avon Tyres & my contact within Avon they are not producing a 16" trike tire in the Chrome product line.

My info came from the Co. in England where they are made.

Is anyone running the Michelin commander 11 rear tire on the front of there trike back wards?
Yes I am on our Triglide and I think it is a great fit handles well wet or dry I have about 8,000 miles on it 9/32" start and still lots of tread 7/32" tread left so I'm on track 28 to 30,000 miles possibly more we shall see.:good: Ride safe Fred

DSC01028.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01005.JPG
    DSC01005.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 215
Just found this

[h=1]AVON AV91 COBRA CHROME MT90B-16 74H TRIKE FRONT MOTORCYCLE[/h] [h=2]AVON[/h] $199.00 $133.65

(You save $65.35)

(No reviews yet) Write a Review

SKU:2120411Tire Size:MT90-16Model:AV91 COBRA CHROMETire Width:MT90Rim Size:16Position:FRONTLoad Rating:74 (max 827 Lbs.)Speed Rating:H (max 130 mph)SideWall:BLACKWALL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png