Aux tank plumbing? GL1800

Aug 17, 2017
USA
I've been looking and can't seem to find out exactly how you hook up the fuel line to the main tank from an aux. tank. I know you need a 90 degree bulkhead fitting and a check valve(aux tank lower than stock tank) but is the sending plate drilled and tapped, or just drilled and the fitting screwed in? Anyone done this? TIA

I've been looking and can't seem to find out exactly how you hook up the fuel line to the main tank from an aux. tank. I know you need a 90 degree bulkhead fitting and a check valve(aux tank lower than stock tank) but is the sending plate drilled and tapped, or just drilled and the fitting screwed in? Anyone done this? TIA

Jim,

What tank are you using? On the Roadsmith, the aux tank feeds fuel to the main tank via a fitting that they supply that looks like this. You drill a hole into the top of the sending unit plate, insert their fitting and screw the supplied nut on the bottom:

aux tank1.jpg

aux tank2.jpg

aux tank3.jpg

Papa Zook, what are the sizes of those fittings into the main tank?

Jim, I haven't put a caliper on one to be sure and Roadsmith doesn't list the size in their instructions that I can find, but the hose RS provides is gonna be right at or exactly 7/16" OD and the specs I get online for that size fuel hose show a 11.1 mm ID per the Gates fuel hose guide on O'Riley's HERE . I do know the hole that is drilled into the sending unit plate is 7/16" to accommodate the threaded fitting. Mike at Roadsmith can probably give you the particulars if you want to call him.

The measurements indicate it will be close to 5 gallons, trying to get pictures posted. It will replace the storage area in the front.

Ride

This has nothing to do with this thread, but I couldn't PM you about it.

What do you set the ride at the back wheel? Norm said to leave it at 25, highest setting. The wife said it's to hard at that. I lowered it to 20 and she is happier, but said it was still hard riding. I used to have it at 8 to 10, and she liked it there. It also feels better at a lower setting. It doesn't feel like it is wandering or rocking side to side so much.

Aux Fuel Tank

Pooch,Sorry to bring up an old thread. I would be interested in more info for an Aux tank for the front of my Endeavor Trike.Was the tank fabricated to fit or did you find one somewhere on the after market?Any indo would be appreciated.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png