Stalls going in-gear

Clutch activation is hydraulic, having air in it will lessen travel of clutch when you squeeze the lever. Sounds like you need to check fluid level and maybe bleed it, and check for leaks. Could be a bad seal in slave cylinder too.

Also, look at a bushing replacement where lever pushes on push rod end. If never done, good chance it needs a new one.

I'd look for leakage, check level, and bleed first.

when I trike my 1500 I left the kick stand on it, one time I could start the wing but when I put into gear it would die. it was my kick stand was down just a little and the switch would not let it run. some times in a crowded I easy the kick stand down as a safety measure

Try starting with clutch engaged in 1st gear. If it drags or tries to “creep” when trying to start you got a problem in your hydraulic clutch system. :wave4:

1500 clutch

I tride to send you a privet message on a easy way to bleed your clutch but i can not send it to you for some reason if you want the info send me your email address and i will send it to you.

Thanks

Thanks everyone. The fluid was low and probably had air in it. I tried the "quick bleed method" by pumping the lever and then tying it down overnite. Worked.

Thanks everyone. The fluid was low and probably had air in it. I tried the "quick bleed method" by pumping the lever and then tying it down overnite. Worked.

If the fluid is low, look for a leak beneath. Probably internal slave cylinder leaking into crankcase.:Shrug:

This is good information to know, I have to say that this is one of the benefits, we have belonging to TT.com :clapping::clapping:

Thank you!

Ronnie

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png