------------------------------

If you continue to do rear brakes :

Front - left (lower bleeder) - 2 oz.

Front - right (lower bleeder) - 4 oz.

Rear left - 4 oz

Rear right - 2 oz

** Torque specs :brake caliper bleeder valve front: 80-100 INCH lbs

brake caliper bleeder valve rear : 31-33 INCH lbs

Rear bleeder valves are much smaller than front.

******** This is for a NON-ABS SYSTEM**** Best to check with someone who knows if abs front is same otherwise you may cause damage to system??!

Last edited:
hi wondering the right way to bleed front brakes on tri glide

thanks gabe

Gabe, you really need to get a service manual. It will help you in answering numerous service questions.

Well worth the small cost. I got 1 for my Freewheeler in PDF format & I love it.

You can print out what you need for a particular service and even load it on a tablet.

PDF

Gabe, you really need to get a service manual. It will help you in answering numerous service questions.

Well worth the small cost. I got 1 for my Freewheeler in PDF format & I love it.

You can print out what you need for a particular service and even load it on a tablet.
shaker

I've checked the numerous sites for downloading, listed on several forums. Maybe it's just me, but it appears Harley has taken away access to their bikes/trikes

Sequence

true do you use the top or bottom bleeder

thanks

What i had posted earlier is taken verbatim from the manual. The top bleeder is for the front.

The numbers are the amounts of fluid you should draw from each bleeder.

Then the sequence indicates the lower (bottom) bleeders are connected to the rear master cylinder.

If only doing front brakes and front master cylinder use upper/top bleeders

Last edited:
What i had posted earlier is taken verbatim from the manual. The top bleeder is for the front.

The numbers are the amounts of fluid you should draw from each bleeder.

Then the sequence indicates the lower (bottom) bleeders are connected to the rear master cylinder.

If only doing front brakes and front master cylinder use upper/top bleeders

thank you ever much

gabe

shaker

I've checked the numerous sites for downloading, listed on several forums. Maybe it's just me, but it appears Harley has taken away access to their bikes/trikes

I noticed they were removed from the site I got mine from, Service Manual Warehouse.

Jack had mentioned a site a few weeks back, but I can't locate it.

Pdf

I noticed they were removed from the site I got mine from, Service Manual Warehouse.

Jack had mentioned a site a few weeks back, but I can't locate it.

When you initially posted the site addresss, i checked it out and all Harley manuals were offered for purchase. About 2 weeks later when i finally decide to purchase one, they were taken down.

Bleed front

thank you ever much

gabe

Use a torque wrench to tighten. Remember, bleeders are virtually hollow tubes and can and will twist or break off. And are a pain to drill out.

I know a thing or two, because I've done a thing or two😮

There are two bleeders per caliper - upper for the front brake and lower for the rear brake. Been that way since the reflex linked brakes were introduced in MY2014.

The problem I'm seeing is that the bleeder screws are inboard of the caliper. I can't see how to get a wrench on them to loosen and tighten. If anyone has done it or knows how a service technician does it please let me know. I'm thinking the caliper would have to be removed from the fork and bled off the bike.

There are two bleeders per caliper - upper for the front brake and lower for the rear brake. Been that way since the reflex linked brakes were introduced in MY2014.

The problem I'm seeing is that the bleeder screws are inboard of the caliper. I can't see how to get a wrench on them to loosen and tighten. If anyone has done it or knows how a service technician does it please let me know. I'm thinking the caliper would have to be removed from the fork and bled off the bike.

Jerry, I just did my 17 Freewheeler front linked brakes, I used a wrench like this with no problems

XSO1618.jpg
I always crack the bleeders loose before taking the calipers off

I really don't like the plastic brake lines much, make sure to support the caliper when removing it for pad removal

Reactions: MDO
Jerry, I just did my 17 Freewheeler front linked brakes, I used a wrench like this with no problems

XSO1618.jpg
I always crack the bleeders loose before taking the calipers off

I really don't like the plastic brake lines much, make sure to support the caliper when removing it for pad removal

Thanks for the info Jack. Still a bit confused. Did you have to remove the calipers from the fork in order to bleed them?

I bled the front circuit of my 2017 Freewheeler, like Jack stated & I didn't remove the calipers. Do the left side 1st, then the right. It's not hard, but I use an in-line check valve right off the tubing that goes on the bleed screw. It keeps air from re-entering the brake circuit. The check valve was made by Motion-Pro, I believe. It was around $10

1 word of caution when working on the front linked brakes

Be careful when removing the calipers

Unlike brakes from before, these calipers have hard plastic lines instead of the rubber ones you may be used to seeing

They are not as forgiving, support the caliper at all times, do not let them hang free

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png