2019 triglide dtc

leonard

70+ Posts
Oct 30, 2014
kearney mo.
Has anybody with the 2019 had any codes come up. My trike has thrown b2285 and b2287 both historical more than once. It is in being checked out. Harley has no idea what b2287 is. Just wondering if any one else has thrown a code and what Harley did. It has something to do with the rear brake and the abs.

Has anybody with the 2019 had any codes come up. My trike has thrown b2285 and b2287 both historical more than once. It is in being checked out. Harley has no idea what b2287 is. Just wondering if any one else has thrown a code and what Harley did. It has something to do with the rear brake and the abs.

Looks like...........

Low battery voltage..........:Shrug:.....[b2285]

2019 Trike Service Manual Supp lists DTC B2285 as Rear Brake Configuration (Fault Condition) Solution: No Vehicle Power or Lost Communication Diagnostics.

The HD dealer surely has a 2019 manual laying around some where or the Digital Tech scanner tool they all use would read the code and give a definition

I got nuthin on your second code

WE are seeing the 18 but mostly 19 models with newer electronic controls spit out some codes that are not on any list as of yet

Hey Leonard,

Good talking to you on the phone yesterday.

For everyone else...while talking with Leonard yesterday I went out and checked my 2019 TG dtc's. Had b2285, but not b2287 historical on mine also. I've done absolutely nothing to the drivetrain, suspension or brakes to mine yet. Less than 500 miles on it. Strange for it to throw that code.

I cleared it, rode home...part of the way with the TCS on and part of the way with the TCS off. No codes when I got home.

Will be checking it periodically and post any info/patterns I observe.

Kevin

I get b2285 all the time. Dealer checked it out and found nothing wrong. Battery good. If I keep it on battery tender I don't get the code. My opinion is it is a sensitive battery sensor. At the slightest drop in battery voltage it kicks out the code.

Hey Leonard,

Good talking to you on the phone yesterday.

For everyone else...while talking with Leonard yesterday I went out and checked my 2019 TG dtc's. Had b2285, but not b2287 historical on mine also. I've done absolutely nothing to the drivetrain, suspension or brakes to mine yet. Less than 500 miles on it. Strange for it to throw that code.

I cleared it, rode home...part of the way with the TCS on and part of the way with the TCS off. No codes when I got home.

Will be checking it periodically and post any info/patterns I observe.

Kevin

See post # 2 in this thread........

2019 Trike Service Manual Supp lists DTC B2285 as Rear Brake Configuration (Fault Condition) Solution: No Vehicle Power or Lost Communication Diagnostics.

I ruled out the possibility of a trade up to a 2019 because of the brake changes, I like the suspension & 114 upgrades, but was happy with the manually linked brakes & 6 piston front wheel calipers on the earlier models.

I don't mind technolog at all, it just seemed to me that electronically linking the brakes, coupled with adding ABS & traction control overcomplicates things IMO.

When I was having trouble with re-occurring ECM-P0522 trouble codes, it was explained to me that with the change to the M8, on start up, the 1st thing that many of the sensors check is voltage and they will throw a code for low voltage, even though the sensor is checking something else. I don't put my battery tender on if the trike is just sitting for a couple days.

The service manager said he see's a lot of errant codes with the M8's that could be minor voltage fluctuations or over-sensitive sensors.

In the case of P0522, if the oil pressure was really low, you should also get the "check engine" light and I never did.

I was only getting the code every 5-6 months & always after the trike sat for a few days. I have not had one in awhile & I quit worrying about it.

Just an update...

I've checked for codes 3 times since I last posted. Twice there were none, and once was the same code again-b2285

I do not know what I did differently, if anything, that triggered the code.

I thought with the talk of overly sensitive to low voltage, that maybe a generally low battery would trigger the code. So I did a bunch of backing up in reverse, really putting a load on the battery, but no code after that.

Will keep trying to identify a pattern.

Kevin

2019 dtc

I picked up my bike from harley they ordered some cable to run a test harley wants, will have to take it back when they receive it. When i got home i had thrown the b2285h. I cleared the code and rode about 100 miles checked and it didn'd throw any code this time. My problem is it may be a low voltage sensor, just ignore it? But what if it is really somthing wrong with the brake system at one time and no brakes. It has to be fixed so they quit throwing codes. The dealer had two 2019 trikes he checked in there shop both threw the same code.

2019 dtc

The dealer got the cable in to run a system check, took it in Friday should here back today hopefully. Tech said Harley has a software problem and if they don't come up with a fix they can't make there own fix? will find out what happens later.

The dealer got the cable in to run a system check, took it in Friday should here back today hopefully. Tech said Harley has a software problem and if they don't come up with a fix they can't make there own fix? will find out what happens later.

As I stated in post #11, it has been happening since the new M8 came out.

I would document when you get 1 & what it is & I would let the dealer document it. Like I said, I was worried when I 1st. started getting them(P0522), but after talking to the dealer, I quit worrying about it. I got 3 over 18 months.

Apparently, most the sensors, on startup, check the voltage first thing. I know on the 17's, many people replaced the oil pressure sensor & it cleared the problem on some, not all.

I do know 1 thing, if the dealer says it's the 1st they have heard about it...they are lying.

Keep us posted.

Watching this one closely

I find it hard to believe HD would release a bunch of trikes with this kind of software problem, but then again they have done some pretty stupid things in the past

It escapes me they would have a system designed with no clear way of trouble shooting or fixes?

Reactions: MDO
Watching this one closely

I find it hard to believe HD would release a bunch of trikes with this kind of software problem, but then again they have done some pretty stupid things in the past

It escapes me they would have a system designed with no clear way of trouble shooting or fixes?

Jack, have you gotten any more codes after changing your oil pressure sensor?

I suspect the hardware and sensors for the Braking and Traction Control Systems were acquired by no less than two outside sources, therefore the software would likely have come from the same number of sources.

Can be quite a challenge to get different systems and software working in harmony, along with their own new improvements for the first trike TC M8 114's. Lots of opportunities for bugs, glitches and other software abnormalities to surface over usage. Can be frustrating, time consuming and costly for manufacturers to resolve, but can be equally frustrating, and sometimes costly for owners to contend with too.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png