Tramp Driveshaft lube

ProudTexson

Reaction score
2008 Lehman Tramp. 28000 Miles. I have been trying to find anything about Driveshaft inspection or Lube of spline end that goes into the Transmission. I would be thankful for any info on this. It looks to be a major job but I can do it if need be. Just need to know how or if it is needed. :confused:

Thank You everyone in advance. The ProudTexson

From what I can find from reading I will have to take the differential loose and move it back to pull the drive shaft out. I guess until I find out for sure I will just not worry about it.

From what I can find from reading I will have to take the differential loose and move it back to pull the drive shaft out. I guess until I find out for sure I will just not worry about it.

No need to remove the driveshaft. The only joint needing lubrication is the rear u-joint. I have never seen a driveshaft failure on a C-50 and I know of several that have over 80K on their rides.

No need to remove the driveshaft. The only joint needing lubrication is the rear u-joint. I have never seen a driveshaft failure on a C-50 and I know of several that have over 80K on their rides.

Thank you very much. That’s such good news. I keep the rear u- joint lubed. Thank you again for being here to help us out.

This is good to hear I to was wandering since ours has over 40,000 . I just give it a shot of grease in the joint several times a season here in northeast. Thanks for the info.

I own the Roadsmith model (2010 Goldwing) and shot a bit of grease into the spline w/o a problem...Jack it up, and place a jack stand under (FOR SAFETY) using a grease gun, place on grease jurk and pump a couple of shots up onto the spline... ********* Don't over lube/as soon as you see grease oozing out...stop!***********

Ronnie

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png