Tramp Driveshaft lube

2008 Lehman Tramp. 28000 Miles. I have been trying to find anything about Driveshaft inspection or Lube of spline end that goes into the Transmission. I would be thankful for any info on this. It looks to be a major job but I can do it if need be. Just need to know how or if it is needed. :confused:

Thank You everyone in advance. The ProudTexson

From what I can find from reading I will have to take the differential loose and move it back to pull the drive shaft out. I guess until I find out for sure I will just not worry about it.

From what I can find from reading I will have to take the differential loose and move it back to pull the drive shaft out. I guess until I find out for sure I will just not worry about it.

No need to remove the driveshaft. The only joint needing lubrication is the rear u-joint. I have never seen a driveshaft failure on a C-50 and I know of several that have over 80K on their rides.

This is good to hear I to was wandering since ours has over 40,000 . I just give it a shot of grease in the joint several times a season here in northeast. Thanks for the info.

I own the Roadsmith model (2010 Goldwing) and shot a bit of grease into the spline w/o a problem...Jack it up, and place a jack stand under (FOR SAFETY) using a grease gun, place on grease jurk and pump a couple of shots up onto the spline... ********* Don't over lube/as soon as you see grease oozing out...stop!***********

Ronnie

Back