DK Custom '19 Summer Adv. Riding to where Titanic Sank -Newfoundland Island & More

Day 10 Concluded-

This section of road headed southwest...

92-moving%20on.jpg

...has a view of the ocean every now and then...

93-oceanside.jpg

...and some mountains, here and there...

94-mountains%20in%20clouds.jpg

...but basically it is long, desolate, and in stark contrast to the rest of the island. Almost there-

95-port%20sign.jpg

Mary has reservations at a motel right across the street...

97-ferry%20sign.jpg

...From the ferry we're taking tomorrow. Photo taken from the motel parking lot of where we'll be loading up in the morning.

98-ferry.jpg

Day 11 coming soon.

Kevin

Day 11-

Leaving out of the reserved for motorcycle parking area at St. Christophers...

1-hotel.jpg

...for a short ride to...

2-town.jpg

...the ferry...

5-ferry%20again.jpg

...through check-in...

7-getting%20ticket.jpg

...and then through an inspection station. They do not want any part of the soil or vegetation from Newfoundland Island making its' way back the the mainland. They hosed down some other vehicles...they did not do that to the TG.

8-here%20we%20go.jpg

Finally, riding onto the ferry. Those semi trailers, over on the right, give an idea of how big these ferries are!

9-were%20on.jpg

TG is parked, and we've made our way up to the top deck for a look around.

10-look%20back%20at%20the%20island.jpg

Pulling out, headed toward Nova Scotia, we have a view of Port aux Basques.

11-goodbye%20nfi.jpg

The only view is the ferry and the ocean!

12-openwater.jpg

After the 16 hour ferry ride over to Newfoundland Island, this 5 hour ride back to Nova Scotia is over before we know it.

14-were%20here.jpg

Day 11 continued in next post.

Kevin

Day 11 Continued-

Riding off the ferry onto the mainland...

15-getting%20off.jpg

...a final look back at the ferry.

16-ferry.jpg

Back rolling! (low octane gas from the island kicking in the knock retard)

18-trans%20canada%20hwy.jpg

I know it's all in my head...but even though there's still a lot of water, it feels different on the mainland.

20-crossing.jpg

It's a short 70 km ride from the ferry to camp, but we're enjoying it!

21-other%20side.jpg

Day 11 concluded in next post.

Kevin

Day 11 concluded-

The views back to our home on wheels are spectacular...

22-beautiful.jpg

...and this section of road is a blast to ride!

23-moving%20on.jpg

Before you know it we are back at the Bras d'or Lakes Campground...

25-back%20at%20camp.jpg

...our home on wheels is still there...

26-back.jpg

Back Home - That was an amazing time on Newfoundland Island!

26-ready%20to%20load%20up.jpg

After getting back we spent a couple of hours in Baddeck at the Alexander Graham Bell Museum. Not posting any pics of it. You can google it, quite an amazing place!

Hopefully the photos posted in this thread give a good feel for how amazing this area of Canada is. We definitely want to spend more time up here.

The following video gives just a tiny little taste of our time in Canada.

This is our second trip following our new way of traveling. (see article HERE)

We use the HOW as a home base and ride out from there.

It has worked exceptionally well. On this trip we saved a bunch of $, we were able to ride and explore amazing locations that we simply would not have had time to do otherwise. AND, we had more fun, and we were more comfortable!

We rode 2100 miles of scenic and fun roads.

We drove 4,000 miles of relatively boring straight roads. Of the 4,000 miles driving, there were only about 200 miles that I would have rather been riding. Small sacrifice to be able to ride the 2100 miles of exceptional roads that would have otherwise not been possible due to $ and time constraints.

The End.

Kevin

WOW Kevin great trip. Love that country. And you had a great way of getting it all in

Thank you sir! Canada is a great place to ride, and the folks we've met are great too!

Awesome trip Kevin and Mary! Many thanks for sharing it with all of us!!!

Thank you. It was our privilege, and it's very good to read you enjoyed.

Kevin 4 Mary 2

As always ... fantastic record of your trip ... always feel like I'm there with ya (bet you are glad I'm not ... LOL .. the Tri would be overloaded with me on it.

I love the concept of the home on wheels ... I must admit you gave me food for thought ... I'm gonna do something similar with the new to me Jeep Grand Cherokee .... do the long boring miles in the Jeep pulling the trike on the trailer, sleep in the back of the jeep on a futon an stay in campgrounds ... should extend my wallet .... keep miles off the trike that are just "Highway" and also extend my reach to maybe some of the right side of the country or at least out towards there ... not sure I want to go all the way to the coast ... been there done most of that ... :D

As always ... fantastic record of your trip ... always feel like I'm there with ya (bet you are glad I'm not ... LOL .. the Tri would be overloaded with me on it.

I love the concept of the home on wheels ... I must admit you gave me food for thought ... I'm gonna do something similar with the new to me Jeep Grand Cherokee .... do the long boring miles in the Jeep pulling the trike on the trailer, sleep in the back of the jeep on a futon an stay in campgrounds ... should extend my wallet .... keep miles off the trike that are just "Highway" and also extend my reach to maybe some of the right side of the country or at least out towards there ... not sure I want to go all the way to the coast ... been there done most of that ... :D

Cool! Glad you enjoyed...and,:laugh: YES, one day it would be cool for us to ride a trip together....BUT, you gotta be on Your Own Trike.

Yeah, keeping miles off the trike, miles that are boring anyway, is a big $ saver.

Kevin

Just got caught up on the end of the trip. What an amazing journey...even the drive through the North Eastern states to Atlantic Canada, must have been an interesting drive...before the trike travel!

Thanks for taking us along, and looking forward to Mexico!

Bill

Just got caught up on the end of the trip. What an amazing journey...even the drive through the North Eastern states to Atlantic Canada, must have been an interesting drive...before the trike travel!

Thanks for taking us along, and looking forward to Mexico!

Bill

Yes, we're constantly amazed at the riding in Canada!

Mexico...well, I dunno about riding the TG down there anymore. Did you see the video we posted yesterday?

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png