Help - Lost a sidecover!

My wife has a 2010 FLHXXX Street Glide Trike. I have a new 2019 Tri Glide.

I removed both left covers and compared them. There is a slight difference in the way they are molded at the top rear of cover. Unless you are looking at both covers you wouldn’t notice the difference. There is metal piece that is glued to the cover on the inside for mounting on the FLHXXX. The mounting points on the Tri Glide are molded into the cover and are plastic. The mounting points on the frame for both covers are different, but the same. Let me explain, both the FLHXXX and the Tri Glide frames have exactly the same mounting points. They are just utilized differently.

The grommets that hold the cover on are different as well as the rest of the parts.

FLHXXX parts.............................................

83364-09DH cover, Left, Vivid Black (FLHXXX)

83483-09 grommet (FLHXXX)

83482-09 insert (stud, FLHXXX, front top)

2019 Tri Glide parts.....................................

57200083DH cover, Left, Vivid Black (Tri Glide)

11650 Grommet Side Cover, 3 needed (Tri Glide)

In closing, if you can’t find an original FLHXXX cover, you can use a cover from a newer Tri Glide.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Respectfully,

Mike

Last edited:
My wife has a 2010 FLHXXX Street Glide Trike. I have a new 2019 Tri Glide.

I removed both left covers and compared them. There is a slight difference in the way they are molded at the top rear of cover. Unless you are looking at both covers you wouldn’t notice the difference. There is metal piece that is glued to the cover on the inside for mounting on the FLHXXX. The mounting points on the Tri Glide are molded into the cover and are plastic. The mounting points on the frame for both covers are different, but the same. Let me explain, both the FLHXXX and the Tri Glide frames have exactly the same mounting points. They are just utilized differently.

The grommets that hold the cover on are different as well as the rest of the parts.

FLHXXX parts.............................................

83364-09DH cover, Left, Vivid Black (FLHXXX)

83483-09 grommet (FLHXXX)

83482-09 insert (stud, FLHXXX, front top)

2019 Tri Glide parts.....................................

57200083DH cover, Left, Vivid Black (Tri Glide)

11650 Grommet Side Cover, 3 needed (Tri Glide)

In closing, if you can’t find an original FLHXXX cover, you can use a cover from a newer Tri Glide.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Respectfully,

Mike

Wow, Mike, thats awesome. Thanks so much for going to the trouble to do that. Much appreciated, you may have saved my sanity!

Wow, Mike, thats awesome. Thanks so much for going to the trouble to do that. Much appreciated, you may have saved my sanity!

You're welcome!

If you go with a newer Tri Glide cover, you will need to remove the the original FLHXXX mounting stud (top front mounting point) and replace with the new Tri Glide grommet. You will also need to replace the original FLHXXX grommet at the top rear with a new Tri Glide grommet. You can leave the original FLHXXX grommet at the lower rear in place or remove, your choice. You will need to add a third Tri Glide grommet in front of the original FLHXXX grommet at the lower rear mounting point.

Respectfully,

Mike

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back