"What's in your wallet, I mean "tool kit"?

Trampas,

OK that makes it clear now, thanks.

I will email DK so I can get these ordered asap. So you keep the rod but replace the end bits?

That is correct Jon, it will be the best move you make getting rid of the phony HD rod ends. I have always changed all my bikes to the heim joints;)

That is correct Jon, it will be the best move you make getting rid of the phony HD rod ends. I have always changed all my bikes to the heim joints;)

Hey Jack, this problem is on twin cams correct. The new M8 shifting linkage corrected this issue?

Hey Jack, this problem is on twin cams correct. The new M8 shifting linkage corrected this issue?

The problem is the weak shifter ends on #12 here

Heim joints replace the rod ends

HD17FLHTCUTG020.gif

Trampas,

OK that makes it clear now, thanks.

I will email DK so I can get these ordered asap. So you keep the rod but replace the end bits?

Yes you can order the heim joints from DK or you can replace your linkage with a different style rod, which ever you prefer, I like the complete unit myself, a little fancy or at least depends on what style you go with, with the complete unit you can lay the old against the new and get it pretty spot on for length with the heim joints by adjusting them out or in which ever the case may be

All for now Trampas

Reactions: MDO
Yes you can order the heim joints from DK or you can replace your linkage with a different style rod, which ever you prefer, I like the complete unit myself, a little fancy or at least depends on what style you go with, with the complete unit you can lay the old against the new and get it pretty spot on for length with the heim joints by adjusting them out or in which ever the case may be

All for now Trampas

Trampas,

So the complete unit has the rod/bar and rod ends?

If the complete unit looks better than just the rod ends then that is what I shall order.

Thanks for your help.

Jon.

I never did......But thats just me, I check them every now and then, With then being the key word....And Now you got me thinking i have over 10 thousand miles since i checked them....Maybe i should go down to my garage and give them a look see...

Did you ? :D

So after reading this from beginning to end .......... my thoughts are .........If I have to pack all that kit, I'll take the bus. Summers of '16 and '17 I made 4 trips to the west coast and back from central TX. Filled the tires with Ride On https://www.ride-on.com/ and never looked back. Had the fluids changed as needed enroute. Keep your cell phone charged and you're good to go. I'm life in HOG and Diamond Life AMA so I have excellent road service. Plus my mc coverage has it too. Oh yeah, don't forget clean skivvies and toothbrush. :laugh:

So after reading this from beginning to end .......... my thoughts are .........If I have to pack all that kit, I'll take the bus. Summers of '16 and '17 I made 4 trips to the west coast and back from central TX. Filled the tires with Ride On https://www.ride-on.com/ and never looked back. Had the fluids changed as needed enroute. Keep your cell phone charged and you're good to go. I'm life in HOG and Diamond Life AMA so I have excellent road service. Plus my mc coverage has it too. Oh yeah, don't forget clean skivvies and toothbrush. :laugh:

Mikey,

Some folk have a warm and fuzzy feeling when they carry tools. I also have vehicle coverage etc but if there is a way to fix a small issue, and be on my way, then that’s worth the little extra effort in packing essential tools. I pack small and light and use multi function tools for this reason. Let’s face it, you’re not going to be able to fix an internal fault on a transmission as an example.

Ride safe,

Jon.

Yep, This morning.......Tight as a Bivalve Mollusc's Ass........First time in over 10k that i checked them.....Thats 20 minutes i'll never get back...:Shrug:..

music..

“I got 3 wheels on my wagon and” ..........at least you got 3 :D

Glad you checked those snails too :clapping::clapping::clapping::p

The more stuff [Tools] you pack with you the less confident you are in your ride...

Like my Old Man would always say to me..; Son' He always called me Son,

Son with all those tools you take with you ' You must be riding scared ...:laugh:...

Can recall working the Interstate in my Trooper life, come a holiday or bike event weekend and see a large group of bikes & trikes followed by a van or PU pulling empty trailer, sometimes several.

Can recall working the Interstate in my Trooper life, come a holiday or bike event weekend and see a large group of bikes & trikes followed by a van or PU pulling empty trailer, sometimes several.

The reason why in a large group of bikes you will always see the Tri-Glides riding in the rear is because they have the room to carry all the bits and pieces that fall off the Harleys that are in front...:D...

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png