JUST KNIVES

Nice looking knife but I'm not a fan of that kind of opener though. Guess you got to take the good with the bad.

Thanks, that's for sure... it's a good looking knife, just not for everyone though :Shrug:

Still getting used to the opening of it, hate to have to open in a hurry if a bobcat was getting ready to pounce :AGGHH: :laugh:

Home from work now, a parcel arrived today so I did some therapeutic knife cleaning to unwind from my day.

This was one of two knives picked up together as a bundled deal. The other is not worth saving and is in the trash due to out gassing...but this one was well worth the rescue!

An early 40's Camillus Sword brand jack knife. It's got some blade loss as to be expected from a knife this old. But the look of the pocket worn bone scales is what got me :)

20200617_233745.jpg

20200617_235302.jpg

20200617_233555.jpg

20200617_233530.jpg

20200617_233715.jpg

You guys.... If I had known these old knives would be collectibles one day I would have snatched up every one I saw at my grandfather’s old farm, my daddy’s house, the old mechanic’s shop, the airplane hangar, the old hardware store displays.... they were scattered all about - in drawers, tackleboxes, toolboxes, backside of old workbenches...gheesh.... had no clue. So many of these old knives look so familiar from those places and times... 😢

Just ordered today.

View attachment 88889

Even has a Safety

View attachment 88890

Apparently Grindworx had a photo of the M&P knife as well, the M&P was the one I wanted, with the safety. Called Grindworx, they cancelled the Smith & Wesson and ordered the M&P ... difference was $2.10 so they just discounted it that amount. Here's what it really is

M&P-OTF-Spring-Assisted-Spear-Point-Knife-Gray-Black-BHQ-80731-kp-lifestyle-web-large.jpg

M&P-OTF-Assist-Finger-Actuator-SP-Gray-Black-1084314-BHQ-80731-jr-bottlecap.jpg

M&P-OTF-Assist-Finger-Actuator-SP-Gray-Black-1084314-BHQ-80731-jr-spine.jpg

While I may not have a collectable knife, I do have one that would make someone :Crap: them self. Frost Cutlery makes it and Walmart sells it.

They don't have to be collectable. Anything sharp & pointy is good here.

That thing is BAAAD. :clapping:

Don't let Kaden see that, or Randall will have to GET it for his birthday.

You guys.... If I had known these old knives would be collectibles one day I would have snatched up every one I saw at my grandfather’s old farm, my daddy’s house, the old mechanic’s shop, the airplane hangar, the old hardware store displays.... they were scattered all about - in drawers, tackleboxes, toolboxes, backside of old workbenches...gheesh.... had no clue. So many of these old knives look so familiar from those places and times... 😢

Yeah Carla, there's many a time that I've wished for a time machine to travel back into the past to do just that. Who knows what these old knives will be worth in the next 20+ years from now

They don't have to be collectable. Anything sharp & pointy is good here.

That thing is BAAAD. :clapping:

Don't let Kaden see that, or Randall will have to GET it for his birthday.

Yep, that's exactly the kind of knife he likes... Walmart you say (Thinking) :laugh: might have to take a gander

I'm not a knife person per say....I have a few laying around 'I just recently bought a Gerber Strong-arm Fix Blade [Made in the USA] just to carry in the woods...

But i have one that I'm really fond of....

And it comes with a story...

Back in 1956 i save my nickels and dimes ....And that took quite a while to save enough, I can't remember what it cost but i'm thinking it was a lot , I ordered it from the Shooters Bible....And it like every thing orders back then took 6 or 8 weeks to get it..

Its a fixed blade 7 inch with bone handle , Made in Stoeger Germany ....

Model Stoeger Zephyr.....I carried it till 1965....Put it away for years, And 3 years age i was rummaging through the back of my gun safe next to my fathers old fishing/hunting knifes, And a ratter large switchblade knife?? i'm thinking he carried it just in case cause he would go fishing off of bridges at 3 am in Brooklyn/Queens alone...

But i digress , When i found it i showed it to my Grandson...And i said if you take care of it 'Its yours....And carries it in the woods like i did...That knife is 63 years old...And he did have to hand make a new leather sheath for it the original one was worn out..:)...

I'm not a knife person per say....I have a few laying around 'I just recently bought a Gerber Strong-arm Fix Blade [Made in the USA] just to carry in the woods...

But i have one that I'm really fond of....

And it comes with a story...

Back in 1956 i save my nickels and dimes ....And that took quite a while to save enough, I can't remember what it cost but i'm thinking it was a lot , I ordered it from the Shooters Bible....And it like every thing orders back then took 6 or 8 weeks to get it..

Its a fixed blade 7 inch with bone handle , Made in Stoeger Germany ....

Model Stoeger Zephyr.....I carried it till 1965....Put it away for years, And 3 years age i was rummaging through the back of my gun safe next to my fathers old fishing/hunting knifes, And a ratter large switchblade knife?? i'm thinking he carried it just in case cause he would go fishing off of bridges at 3 am in Brooklyn/Queens alone...

But i digress , When i found it i showed it to my Grandson...And i said if you take care of it 'Its yours....And carries it in the woods like i did...That knife is 63 years old...And he did have to hand make a new leather sheath for it the original one was worn out..:)...

Like this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vinta...375265?hash=item4b7bab5d21:g:S4MAAOSwn8he5QiR

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png