JUST KNIVES

So here are the Buck knives I've been paying on...

20200307_144507.jpg

705 - Pony

20200309_212629.jpg

709- Yearling

20200307_144801.jpg

703- Colt

20200309_213053.jpg

701- Mustang

20200309_213432.jpg

And the last one is not part of the etched knives series, but it's part of this family of knives... I picked up on Ebay while I was awaiting the others coming home

704- Maverick

20200309_213826.jpg

So here are the Buck knives I've been paying on...

View attachment 84454

Now that's a dandy collection of Buck knives.
7SqWr42J_o.gif

Very nice Phillip,

I'll bet there's a very unhappy walrus out there :AGGHH:

You've got to tell us a little more about them hand made ones ThumbUp

The oosik handled lock blade was made by a guy here in East Texas. My first wife got it for me as an anniversary gift. Lost the wife; kept the knife; life is good! The little wooden handle hunter was built by a guy in Colorado. A saleslady went there on vacation & brought it back. It's made out of a saw blade. It's not an expensive piece but looks old school.

I've got a double lock blade Buck with the lock releases in the center of knife. Blades open on each end. I must have it hide pretty well. I'll have to go thru the gun safe to locate it. I got a bunch of cheaper off brands that was given to me for Christmas & such. People think they are the perfect present for men, could be right!

Sharpening a new knife

What do you guys use to put a good edge on a new knife so you can then put a really sharp on with a fine stone? I got one the other day that you could ride to China on and new get cut. It isn't even close to having an edge on it. It almost looks like I need to use a grinding wheel to get close but surely that can't be. So what do you use to get an edge that be honed in?

What do you guys use to put a good edge on a new knife so you can then put a really sharp on with a fine stone? I got one the other day that you could ride to China on and new get cut. It isn't even close to having an edge on it. It almost looks like I need to use a grinding wheel to get close but surely that can't be. So what do you use to get an edge that be honed in?

Anything Chinese has a 20 degree edge. American is 14-18 degrees.

I use a electric two stage sharpener on stainless steel , as it doesn’t hold a edge. Plus any SS blade knife is cheep. Carbon steel , use a good hand water stone , and work it. Takes time but well worth it .

Anything Chinese has a 20 degree edge. American is 14-18 degrees.

I use a electric two stage sharpener on stainless steel , as it doesn’t hold a edge. Plus any SS blade knife is cheep. Carbon steel , use a good hand water stone , and work it. Takes time but well worth it .

Crap, I was hoping y'all had a magic machine that just whipped a nice edge ready for a stone to bring in that final little bit of edge. Crud:(:(:(

Crap, I was hoping y'all had a magic machine that just whipped a nice edge ready for a stone to bring in that final little bit of edge. Crud:(:(:(

Oh I forgot , for that razor sharp edge , finalize with a few swipes on a smooth leather strap.

You will get that barber sharp edge :D

My friend emailed me yesterday saying she found three more display cases of knives from her late husbands collection.

I'm going over next week to see them in person. Here is one case, The three beige ones in the upper left corner reminded me of Randalls 700 series Bucks. It turns out that they are Camillus 100th Anniversary limited editions.

Mail Attachment.jpeg

20200313_123756.jpg

Here's my latest, so when I picked up the Bucks there was this one in the case that caught my eye. It looked unused but I wasn't familiar with the brand. Had the script writing so I figured it was a Buck knock off... He was asking $50 so no thanks...

Went back today and offered the guy $30 ...and it came home with me.

On a side note I've got a couple more vintage knives coming in from the evil Ebay sight.

That's it...no more ...I've got plenty of pretty knives now :cxtv:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png