JUST KNIVES

Wow!!! Y'all have some very nice collections there.

dijAMBGd_o.png

20200625_181020[1348].jpg20200625_181059[1350].jpg20200625_181135[1352].jpg20200625_181207[1354].jpg

Hope everyone likes this knife you will probably never see another, I have only seen one other and that was in Jim Sargent's Knives & Razors Identification and Values book. I have taken this years ago to big knife shows and let the big collector's chase me around back then I sold a lot of my good ones that I would love to have back. I think this is a nicer knife than the one in the book it was never for sale. An old friend willed it to me.

20200626_111658[1367].jpg
A bunch of beauties Gene! I love that knife in Post #445! Tell us a little more about it!
Don't know much about it can't even remember what the knife experts said the year it was made. Never ever ask my old friend were he got it. The picture above came out of Jim Sargent's 3rd edition Knives & Razors Book. that was copyrighted 1992. They also made a 3 bladed Case Hobo Knife little different blade locking on it. value in 1992 was $2500.00 not sure what value today. I always said the book doesn't have any money you put down what you want too. To sell it someone has to want it. I hope everyone enjoys seeing it it is a rare knife.

Nice, what did you buff that knife with. I have a few that need serious cleaning. You have a nice little collection going on there.

Hey Jim! ... thanks, this one wasn't too bad.

Most of the cheap finds are one's that are neglected or loved so much they are worn out.

I just used a little wd40 applied lightly to loosen up the debris. Blow out with compressed air and then work with Case paste, mineral oil and tuf glide. Buffing is done by hand with microfiber cloth.

Sometimes it calls for wet dry fine sand paper or extra fine steel wool for severe rust removal. Afterwards the Tuf Glide will seal and provide protection.

Seeing that I really don't pay too much for them it's more of a therapy thing. I'm still experimenting with each new one I get, so trying out ways to keep the patina without sacrificing the look of the knife. If it's old it shouldn't look all brand new

View attachment 89239View attachment 89240View attachment 89241View attachment 89242

Hope everyone likes this knife you will probably never see another, I have only seen one other and that was in Jim Sargent's Knives & Razors Identification and Values book. I have taken this years ago to big knife shows and let the big collector's chase me around back then I sold a lot of my good ones that I would love to have back. I think this is a nicer knife than the one in the book it was never for sale. An old friend willed it to me.

View attachment 89252Ok all older Case fixed blades 3 Case tested XX 1920 to 1940 era, 1 Jean Case and 1 just marked Case.

well I am all done. Glad I you guys encouraged me to post them wipe them all down and put away.

View attachment 89253Don't know much about it can't even remember what the knife experts said the year it was made. Never ever ask my old friend were he got it. The picture above came out of Jim Sargent's 3rd edition Knives & Razors Book. that was copyrighted 1992. They also made a 3 bladed Case Hobo Knife little different blade locking on it. value in 1992 was $2500.00 not sure what value today. I always said the book doesn't have any money you put down what you want too. To sell it someone has to want it. I hope everyone enjoys seeing it it is a rare knife.

Holy grails Batman! .... wow! :xzqxz:

Gene I'm blown away by the many beautiful knife's and displays you have.

Lol...I can only imagine the high $ one's you said that was sold off prior :AGGHH:

Man, that interchangeable Case I saw before on Ebay...not complete like yours and in terrible shape. I did some digging when it was posted back in May because the bidding went crazy on it, and I was wondering why.

Like you said, very rare indeed, its probably one if not "the holy grail" of Case's knifes. What I believe you have from my research here is called a 5012 Comb and did not appear in Case inventory until 1-27, the next earliest point that it shows up is in the 1-30 Case price list but never shows up again afterwards. So its believed that the knife was only made at the Kinfolks factory from 1926 or 1927 and 1930. It's believed the HOBO is dated later than the 5012 Combo.

So hang onto that one,especially since it has sentimental value!

And I'm sure you already know that those fixed blade Case knifes are extremely valuable...

Can't tell, but most of yours look to be dated from past1932.

Case began making all their hunting knives in Bradford at the Case factory starting then, and these knives will have the nickel silver guards. Case hunters with Case Tested XX and Bradford markings that were made by Kinfolks have the aluminum guards. Are any of yours aluminum?

Needless to say, you have some awesome knives buddy.

Really need more time to comb through the pictures. But you definitely have some gorgeous pieces!

Thank you for sharing your pictures

Just got confirmation that these two knives have shipped.

It's my first venture into fixed blade territory... Bill has shared a few with me, and he's got some nice ones! , so I'm not a hunter but the camillus Indian stag will fit nicely with the folders I have like it.

The Schrade caught my eye, had unique markings and looks unused as well. The seller and I went back and forth on the price but I think for $130 shipped I did alright. A little bit more than I wanted to spend but he came down a lot on the schrade to make the deal.

il_1588xN.2363287546_3es8.jpg

il_1588xN.2264721800_l692.jpg

Did a pretty dum thing the other day ... nope, didn't cut myself again ... LOL.

I was trying to make a drink holder for the Jeep out of PVC and got the spacer piece that would allow various size bottles to work, jammed in the main body. Tried to use my Out the front automatic lightning knife to gently pry it out. Apparently the blade is pretty hard, but, not really tough, snapped the point right off.

After I cooled down and was not too mad at myself anymore, I got out my medium flat file and tried to reshape the tip. Still needs a little work, but, it's getting there.

Before & After.jpeg

I still need to fine tune the very tip, then put an edge back on it, but, I think it will work out okay. This knife has become my "work" knife and will definitely catch some abuse ... LOL. I wasn't worried too much about destroying the knife with the file, I got it on sale for $35, so if I ruined it I could just get another one.

I have a 1970s Buck, fixed blade,118 with leather case. Pics to follow.

69C244CE-DD9F-4395-96E0-847523F02F40.jpeg This is my deceased father in law’s knife. Anvil, I have no idea of age. He had this knife when I first met him in 1970. He always carried 2 knifes and this one was always in his pocket. Second set of pictures just showed??? This knife was my long time friend Bob’s knife. His neighbor was a knife maker and he whipped this out for Bob. When Bob passed, Julia passed the knife to me.

Attachments

• 3DD3907F-C4D0-4729-A731-A3AEDDC7DBED.jpeg
    3DD3907F-C4D0-4729-A731-A3AEDDC7DBED.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 46
  • FD439BAE-4A33-4992-821B-53FF38FABD4E.jpeg
    FD439BAE-4A33-4992-821B-53FF38FABD4E.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 66DEFD1C-2166-427D-8C6D-3C7F4CFCDAD1.jpeg
    66DEFD1C-2166-427D-8C6D-3C7F4CFCDAD1.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 47

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png