• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

motor trike rear end problem

Reaction score
I have a Motor Trike kit on my 2001 Electra Glide. I converted it to a chain drive because I've broken 2 belts in the past year. I do all of my work myself so I've taken it apart several times before. However, after replacing the sprocket and getting the bike put back together, I went to do the test ride and the bike would not move. Chain is turning the rear sprocket but the wheels will not move. I'm certain I stabbed the axles properly and have them seated. Any ideals of what the problem could be? Rear wheels are just free spinning. Any help would be appreciated. Not looking forward to taking this thing apart again without any ideal of what the problem could be.

I have a Motor Trike kit on my 2001 Electra Glide. I converted it to a chain drive because I've broken 2 belts in the past year. I do all of my work myself so I've taken it apart several times before. However, after replacing the sprocket and getting the bike put back together, I went to do the test ride and the bike would not move. Chain is turning the rear sprocket but the wheels will not move. I'm certain I stabbed the axles properly and have them seated. Any ideals of what the problem could be? Rear wheels are just free spinning. Any help would be appreciated. Not looking forward to taking this thing apart again without any ideal of what the problem could be.

Cliff......Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:clapping:.....I can't help much with the problem, But if i recall right there was a thread on the same problem....Maybe someone will chime in with a better memory than mine ..And give you a link to it....

Cliff......Welcome to Trike-Talk.....:clapping:.....I can't help much with the problem, But if i recall right there was a thread on the same problem....Maybe someone will chime in with a better memory than mine ..And give you a link to it....

Found the tread........Titled..; Freewheeler won't move.....Posted 12/23/19...

Maybe it will give you an idea.....

Hi Cliff! No help as to the problem - just want to welcome you to TrikeTalk from the Texas Hill Country! I hope you get the problem resolved soon.

And if you are in Mesquite, TEXAS - come on down to Kerrville to our TrikeTalk meet and greet April 19-23. See the thread: KERRVILLE 2020

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png