2020 trip for Lola & Us

If we are able to do Kerrville in the fall, we can always meet up someplace like we did last year and loop around. I would enjoy seeing my cousins in Kansas. I am sure Kay and Jim would like to see you and Janiene again.

Will check it out. They are east side of Wichita, right

It would be so much fun if you ride with us. Last year I rode to Dodge City, Kansas to meet them, then from Valentine, Nebraska back home alone. I wasn't scared, didn't get lost and had the good judgement to buy gas when the opportunity presented itself on the back roads in Kansas and Nebraska. Even though I did, there was one leg of my trip that my low fuel light lit up. I was watching the GPS for the next gas station. Garmin assured me that there were 3 or four, so I didn't freak out. I don't see that light very often because I am a gasoholic.

Now you know why I carry the Roto X 2 gallon can. Especially pulling a trailer.

have you seen the weather for this summer? Looks like may be very HOT. If it does not change, I may just do the Rt 2 ride from Mi to Wa & back a diff Rt up north. Thoughts ??

Janiene does have issues with heat. Came close to passing out a couple times in Nv. If we have to there is always next year to leave earlier in the season. We can loop around to see the cousins on the way to Kville if it is held this Fall.

have you seen the weather for this summer? Looks like may be very HOT. If it does not change, I may just do the Rt 2 ride from Mi to Wa & back a diff Rt up north. Thoughts ??

Janiene does have issues with heat. Came close to passing out a couple times in Nv. If we have to there is always next year to leave earlier in the season. We can loop around to see the cousins on the way to Kville if it is held this Fall.

Next year will work for me for our Route 66 ride unless something else comes up. When it's very hot, I have to ride predawn until I can't take it even with my hydration vest to get back to San Antonio. I have learned to stop and seek shelter prior to getting too overheated.

If we loop around to Kerrville this fall I think we should NOT do Palo Duro Canyon again, however it was fun riding through little towns like Panhandle where I lived when I was in 3rd grade.

Next year will work for me for our Route 66 ride unless something else comes up. When it's very hot, I have to ride predawn until I can't take it even with my hydration vest to get back to San Antonio. I have learned to stop and seek shelter prior to getting too overheated.

If we loop around to Kerrville this fall I think we should NOT do Palo Duro Canyon again, however it was fun riding through little towns like Panhandle where I lived when I was in 3rd grade.

No to the Canyon, not that great anyway. Az, NM & Nv were showing triple digits already. If we go rt 2 you could just meet up here . from here 127 north to Mi & on to the mackinac bridge & up to 2 & head west. Really hope the weather changes but there is always . I saved that issue of Hog Tales & got one for you at the dealer to gove to you in April. Well that didn't happen.

No to the Canyon, not that great anyway. Az, NM & Nv were showing triple digits already. If we go rt 2 you could just meet up here . from here 127 north to Mi & on to the mackinac bridge & up to 2 & head west. Really hope the weather changes but there is always . I saved that issue of Hog Tales & got one for you at the dealer to gove to you in April. Well that didn't happen.

I really appreciate that. I must have forgotten to tell you I read that as soon as it arrived.

My trip to CA is off for this year, dr wants to start me on insulin and has advise me to cancel those plans. Could meet you at the bridge and ride thru Marquette with you.

Palo Duro Canyon is cool, I remember being there in the 70s;)

Palo Duro Canyon is cool, I remember being there in the 70s;)

I grew up in that part of Texas so when I was a little kid I thought it was just like the Grand Canyon, until I saw it.

When we were there last year the road was closed not too far into the canyon so we didn't get to ride far. Bill paid full price because he doesn't have a Texas Parks pass. He was not happy that they didn't tell us before they took his money.

I woke up this morning thinking I should leave today, then I saw the weather. Freeze warning in Ohio. :cold:

My trip to CA is off for this year, dr wants to start me on insulin and has advise me to cancel those plans. Could meet you at the bridge and ride thru Marquette with you.

Our trip has changed. Due to the high temps already in the SW.2020-05-08.png we are now thinking leaving from Ohio mid July. 10th or so.

How many miles from 1 to 26?

I will be riding to 1 then home from 26, with a stop in Bethany, OK to visit my brother. That's 2,414 miles. Visiting my brother will only add 29 miles.

I do plan to stop if it gets too hot because a heat stroke would really mess up my record of excellent health.

How many miles from 1 to 26?

I will be riding to 1 then home from 26, with a stop in Bethany, OK to visit my brother. That's 2,414 miles. Visiting my brother will only add 29 miles.

I do plan to stop if it gets too hot because a heat stroke would really mess up my record of excellent health.

That map did show Marquette, But we will not be going that way. Working on it more, Rt2 stays down south & that is the way we are going. Not sure how it showed the northern part, but maybe we can go to Kerrville in the Fall with you.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png