New to Trike, still being converted.

Dbratsch

1+ Posts
Feb 25, 2020
Jeffersonville, KY
I'm in the middle of having my '12 Road Glide converted with a Motor Trike kit.

A friend of ours recommended this web site to look and learn.

My greatest fear is not being strong enough to muscle it, as well as the normal getting used to it stuff.

I am a retired municipal Wastewater Plant Administrative Assistant.

I've been riding for over 40 years, so it'll be quite an adjustment for me.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thx, Denise

Denise.............Welcome to Trike-Talk......:wave4:.....

If you been riding for 40 years you should have no problems riding a Trike...

Just remember don't put your feet down, The rear is much wider than a bike....

And this is the most important thing.......Do not counter steer .......

Denise, you will love your trike. It does take a little getting used to because you don't lean or put your feet down but it is so much fun to ride. You will be just fine if you practice in a parking lot before you get into traffic.

Welcome to the world of three.

:welcome:to Trike Talk Denise

You will be using upper body strength to steer a Trike

Dont panic, you have already done a lot of this on 2 wheels and probably never thought much about it

There are exercises you can do to build your push - pull memory muscles.

Best of luck to you:clapping:

Welcome from Pennsylvania

Welcome from Western Pennsylvania first of all push and pull steering method seems to work very well for most people it keeps back and arm strain down. Make sure your Handle bars fit you and the seat works for you as well to keep neck and back muscles from fatigue. Practice in a large empty parking lot, figure eights, hard stopping and general getting the feel of the new trike. Simply put don't ride past your skill set for the trike at first they are easy to run and great fun. After a short period of time you will be chasing two wheelers through the turns, wanting them to get out of your way. :D Ride safe Fred

Hello Denise...welcome to TrikeTalk.

Don’t sweat this... just relax and feel your way through it using your years of riding experience.

Just remember how wide that rear-end is getting around gas pumps and other things.

When in a curve and you feel like it is trying to throw you off just press down with the ‘outside’ foot...that will stop the feeling.

Roll on! Have fun! Report back!

:welcome: To the Trike Talk Family! FROM SOUTH
attachment.php
Angleton, TX

Howdy Denise!
:wave4:Welcome to the group.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png