Eastern Arizona

We were supposed to leave this last Friday, to take the Long Way getting there.

Wednesday I hurt myself, so we still have not left.

God willing, & my body gets a bit better, we'll be taking off tomorrow morning.

Really looking forward to it!

Kevin

Kevin

Hope your feeling much better in the morning. Aleve really helps me with aches & pains.

Well, this event has moved from my calendar "wish list" to motel reservations. Staying at Reed's Lodge in Springerville. It has been too hot here to do much riding (110-115+) for the last couple of months. Getting back in the saddle and up in the mountains has me excited. Looking forward to meeting some new friends..... Jim

Kevin, hope it is nothing major and you get to feeling better...and can make the trip!

Reservations in Springerville for 30th thru the 3rd. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Kurt, I suppose the closer we get to the dates, you'd (as it turns out you are the 'de facto' Grand Pooba for the event) let us know where you folks are setting up base camp...and when we could meet before the riding commences? I know it's not an 'official' gathering like Maggie or Kerrville, but it sounds like you will have a pretty good turn out for your kind invitation.

Thanks, Bill

Last edited:

Kevin

Well thats just not right. Hope you feel better my friend. I also hope you don't get caught in the snow storm that's supposed to hit CO, UT, WY IA ....

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Sorry to hear about your injury. Seems to be going around. We arrived in Maggie Valley yesterday and this is my first opportunity to login since we left. Have you made it out yet? Rode the Rattler today. Fun road. See you soon I hope.

Kurt

Kevin, hope it is nothing major and you get to feeling better...and can make the trip!

Reservations in Springerville for 30th thru the 3rd. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Kurt, I suppose the closer we get to the dates, you'd (as it turns out you are the 'de facto' Grand Pooba for the event) let us know where you folks are setting up base camp...and when we could meet before the riding commences? I know it's not an 'official' gathering like Maggie or Kerrville, but it sounds like you will have a pretty good turn out for your kind invitation.

Thanks, Bill

Hello Bill,

We are planning to camp on County road 1325 just north of Hwy 260 which is 8 miles north of Greer and just east of the highway to Greer. We will be setting up camp on the 30th. I am puzzling over the first get-together. Our camp is 20ish miles from Springerville and the first ride comes thru there. My thought is to meet up at the BW where most are staying and head out from there. Time to be determined. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Kurt

Hello Bill,

We are planning to camp on County road 1325 just north of Hwy 260 which is 8 miles north of Greer and just east of the highway to Greer. We will be setting up camp on the 30th. I am puzzling over the first get-together. Our camp is 20ish miles from Springerville and the first ride comes thru there. My thought is to meet up at the BW where most are staying and head out from there. Time to be determined. Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Kurt

Sounds like a plan. I will pm you my cell & that way we can be notified when you are on the way.

I'll be coming from the San Tan Valley/Queen Creek area on the 30th. May stop by the camp site on the way to Springerville and hotel, just to say hi and 'check out' the camp site. Makes sense to meet in Eager or Springerville if that is the direction of the first days ride.

Kevin may still have my phone #, but will get contact info on the 30th.

Can't wait!

Bill

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone heard from Kevin,if he was able to leave on his trip? Only saw the one post where he had not left as planned. We are still unsure if riding or trailering. Got the Hog Skins all done ,the RZ seat arrived & have it installed. Ready to go.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone heard from Kevin,if he was able to leave on his trip? Only saw the one post where he had not left as planned. We are still unsure if riding or trailering. Got the Hog Skins all done ,the RZ seat arrived & have it installed. Ready to go.

Yes. Kevin and Mary did get on the road and are in the Tetons.

Day 2 Dinner

With our second day being a short ride I had a thought. How would everyone feel about having Burgers, Potato Salad and Baked Beans at our camp? There will be a short stretch of gravel road which if ridden slowly is not a problem for a trike or even a two wheeler. I am going to try to figure out a headcount. Feedback would be appreciated.

Kurt

My trip to Arizona is in jeopardy, the Wife is having some back issues. Had an MRI done last Thursday and has a appointment with the spinal clinic next Friday. Depending on what the clinic says/does, I'll probably have to stay home. Bulging disc L5/S1.

With our second day being a short ride I had a thought. How would everyone feel about having Burgers, Potato Salad and Baked Beans at our camp? There will be a short stretch of gravel road which if ridden slowly is not a problem for a trike or even a two wheeler. I am going to try to figure out a headcount. Feedback would be appreciated.

Kurt

Thank you. I have been searching local attractions trying to figure out where I should go and what I should do on the second day after the short ride. :clapping:

Kurt

Count us in . 2

Kurt

We'll be there! :D

Kevin & Mary

Yes. Kevin and Mary did get on the road and are in the Tetons.

Thanks Jer.

Yeah, I hurt my back pretty bad on August 30th. We were planning on leaving for a 37 day trip on the 4th of September.

No way we could do that.

But we were able to leave the afternoon of the 7th. Been taking it real slow, and have gradually been getting better.

We rode the Tri Glide a bit the last two days. :D

I am continuing to take it easy and hope to be fully recovered by the time we get to Arizona. Mary has been a champ (even if it does make me feel like a bit of a wuss) taking care some of the chores I normally do.

I'll be starting a Ride Report soon and posting up some of the pics we've taken, and will be taking along the way.

Kevin

Kurt, Great idea. I will be there as well as another couple from Apache Junction. So, add 3 more. What can we do to contribute? Just a thought..... Hopefully there is not a ban on any fires or BBQs..... Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png