Wing Ride Preset

6398D653-204C-4093-BABD-BFC5849C0878.jpeg

I have a Roadsmith kit on my 2012 Wing. I do not have the Accuride option, but I do still have the adjustable rear preset. The dealer set it at 15. I tried it at 20, and my wife likes the way it absorbs bumps better. It looks like the preset goes up to 25. What are you running?

Road smith just dropped off my bike, I checked it and it was set at zero. I need to play around with the settings and see what differences I notice. I ride alone

Then why leave it on the bike after the conversion????

The preload setting depends on load. Not all Goldwingers are made the same, some ride with partners/trailers, others ride alone. Less load, less preload. The final setting will be up to each individual - playing around with different preload settings, or even shock settings, will help you achieve the ride you like the best.

The preload setting depends on load. Not all Goldwingers are made the same, some ride with partners/trailers, others ride alone. Less load, less preload. The final setting will be up to each individual - playing around with different preload settings, or even shock settings, will help you achieve the ride you like the best.

I paid my installer $800.00 extra for that accri ride, and too this day I have never (repete never) heard the motor running even when I have had heavy passengers riding on the back....When I went back to ask him about it , ALL HE DID WAS TO SAY YES IT THERE! AND CHARGED ME $90.00 FOR SHOWING ME NOTHING!

I feel he ripped me off, he also charged me $130.00 extra, to fix a fast blinking directional light, and it still blinked very fast after he DID NOT FIX IT.........

ALL THE CAN SAY IS STAY AWAY FROM KEENE NEW HAMPSHIRE DEALERSHIP (I did not mention the dealer's name)

Doug if your reading this post,I suggest you pay me back the $220.00 (Over charge for fixing nothing)

Ronnie

Sooooooooooo sick of your whinning & crying Burnerboy. Every post it's the same thing

move on PLEASE!! You're ruining the forums

Received your message loud & clear (no more complaints/I promise)

I just don't want any of you folks getting ripped off by a bad/dishonest dealership that's all...........(I'm out over a $1000,00 dollars.....I just wished someone, whinning & crying warned me B4)

Ronnie

The pre-load numbers are not comparable from one bike to another. First of all, the hose Honda used from the compressor to the suspension was some kind of rubber. It degraded over time and caused the system to be not effective at the lower numbers. All the lower pressured would do is fill and balloon the hose. Most bikes only a few years old would not have suspension changes for the lower 6-8 numbers. You can check yours by going from zero and increase the load. Listen to the pump. When it starts to change the suspension you will hear a definite change in sound. If you have your feet in the ground you will also feel the bike begin to rise. No two bikes are the same. There is a fix for this that involves changing the hose to a braided metal one.

Then, big ol' fat guys like me will run higher than smaller riders. And two-up will be more comfortable even higher.

Bottom line is you need to experiment with your bike to find your comfort level. My previous 2-wheel GL1800 had the suspension updated and I ran it at 10 except increased it to 15 with 2-up. My current trike does not start increasing preload until I get to 8. I am comfortable running it at 12. Hope this helps. Good luck..... Jim

R U saying that you are still able to use your air adjustor button, after the conversion? You can increase or decrease the level of air in your rear shocks???Ronnie

NO, This thread is about the OEM preload adjuster, which is hydraulic, not air and works on the OEM rear shock

It's amusing to me how many different opinions on what preload to set!

One thing for sure, you need to make sure the pump is full to start with.

Also note, there are some conversions that do NOT retain the OEM preload shock/pump on GoldWings.

My conversion does retain the OEM preload function. Not all do. But, as stated, it does not start to function until I get to 8. I'm not sure it is even needed but I do keep a minimal amount of preload just because.....? Jim

Received your message loud & clear (no more complaints/I promise)

I just don't want any of you folks getting ripped off by a bad/dishonest dealership that's all...........(I'm out over a $1000,00 dollars.....I just wished someone, whinning & crying warned me B4)

Ronnie

I don't think he's interested in trikes anymore. I tried to get him to work on my last trike that he converted and he just kept stalling and not letting me make an appointment. I finally ended up buying a new trike somewhere else and was actually able to fix the over-heating problem myself. (literally a small miracle that I was able to repair anything on the trike as I hate working on them) He's into gun sales now and motorcycles are a distant past business.

I don't think he's interested in trikes anymore. I tried to get him to work on my last trike that he converted and he just kept stalling and not letting me make an appointment. I finally ended up buying a new trike somewhere else and was actually able to fix the over-heating problem myself. (literally a small miracle that I was able to repair anything on the trike as I hate working on them) He's into gun sales now and motorcycles are a distant past business.

AAAaaaaaaaaaa wonderful news here, (last post on this idiot/I promise) he probably ripped off too many customers, and now receiving way to many complaints from unhappy customers....

OK time to move on!!! (with a smile)

Ronnie

I paid my installer $800.00 extra for that accri ride, and too this day I have never (repete never) heard the motor running even when I have had heavy passengers riding on the back....When I went back to ask him about it , ALL HE DID WAS TO SAY YES IT THERE! AND CHARGED ME $90.00 FOR SHOWING ME NOTHING!

I feel he ripped me off, he also charged me $130.00 extra, to fix a fast blinking directional light, and it still blinked very fast after he DID NOT FIX IT.........

ALL THE CAN SAY IS STAY AWAY FROM KEENE NEW HAMPSHIRE DEALERSHIP (I did not mention the dealer's name)

Doug if your reading this post,I suggest you pay me back the $220.00 (Over charge for fixing nothing)

Ronnie

Sounds like you have LED blubs and didn't change the flasher.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png