drinking

i know it is stupid but the other day i was at my brothers house had about four beers . left on the trike felt so good riding with a buzz.didnt ride fast or any thing like that.just hadnt done this in along time. yes or no

Don’t know how it is in West Virginia but in Jersey if you got pulled over because you were Buzzed between the fine and insurance Surchargers and Lawyers fees and then you’ll lose your license for six months to a year so I would say a Big No!

David, you can be the safest rider in the world but it's your reaction time that is impaired to avoid other stupid motorist's driving judgement /mistakes.

It's safer not to indulge and ride.

Last edited:
Drinking is a choice, riding a motorcycle is a privilege. I don't want to see anyone forfeit their riding because of alcohol. I stopped drinking 33 years ago when I forgot to put my feet down at a red light. Yes alcohol was involved. Not only was that embarrassing it was down right stupid. Ride responsible, the life you save may be yours. JMHO

I will have one beer with food when riding but only one and only with food. And I like beer. I could easily drink three more any time. But on the road, no way. Once I get home I will make up for it. Today that’s still taking a big chance.

Drinking is a choice, riding a motorcycle is a privilege. I don't want to see anyone forfeit their riding because of alcohol. I stopped drinking 33 years ago when I forgot to put my feet down at a red light. Yes alcohol was involved. Not only was that embarrassing it was down right stupid. Ride responsible, the life you save may be yours. JMHO

35 years for me lots of STUPID before that

You probably can name 3 people who didn't......:laugh:....

Yup one left the bar. Thought it would be funny to ride on the sidewalk. Hit pole Dead. Another hit a fire hydrant with the bottom of bike. They think he was pulling a wheelie and lost it. Dead. The other we don't know what really happened.He was having trouble gettin his bike started. We got it runnin, he was found dead on the side of the road. All left the bar never to be seen alive again. Of course the ones that pickled there liver are gone to. Ah drinking sounds like such fun.:)

Yup one left the bar. Thought it would be funny to ride on the sidewalk. Hit pole Dead. Another hit a fire hydrant with the bottom of bike. They think he was pulling a wheelie and lost it. Dead The other we don't know what really happened.He was having trouble gettin his bike started. We got it runnin, he was found dead on the side of the road. All left the bar never to be seen alive again. Of course the ones that pickled there liver are gone to. Ah drinking sounds like such fun.:)

I only drink when i'm in the middle of 14 hundred acres ....And that's mostly trading shots with the camp cook.. Tequila inspires him to greatness....ThumbUp....

A buddy got a DUI a couple years ago. By the time all was said and done he said it cost him right at $10,000. No more than one beer when out at dinner or Ma drives home.

PC

I can’t stand to ride in a my wife is driving but these days if I have more than 1 beer she’s driving. It just isn’t worth the risk. The heck with my nerves and getting ulcers I guess.

Even one beer will effect your reaction times.

Lots of years ago, we used to race cars on our frozen lakes. We decided to go pro and needed insurance for our group. The Insurance companies laughed when we mentioned, we would headquarters in lakeside bars. We decided to see how much drinking would affect us. We set up traffic cones in a parking lot and ran base times, then gave each a drink and run again. We had several types, from tee totalers, casual drinkers to a case a day Polock and even a pot head. The first one to be affected was the case a day drinker, after only one drink he was knocking down cones even on a rerun. More laughable was the pothead after one joint. He looked like he was driving in slow motion. We decided to limit drivers drinking until after the last checker flag.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png