Clearview Windshield VS. Freedom Windshield

pigfoot63

70+ Posts
Sep 22, 2020
Gainesville
I am windshield shopping which shield would you folks recommend. I am currently using the

stock 16 " shield and while it works pretty good it could stand to be about 1" taller.

I have used Freedom shields in the past very good shield. I just purchased a stock 20 " Road King

shield just for the hardware so I will be setting up two shields one to look over and one to see thru.

I noticed that Clearview is available with a vent in the shield. I would like to hear your thoughts on

both ot these shields.

Don't know about shields for FWs but if the Freedom is anything like the one I have on my TG it is by far the best I've ever had or seen. I like the fact that it is thicker and more robust than any other shield I know of. IMO you can't go wrong with Freedom.

Clearview

I just ordered the Clearview 19 " with increased width. I am trying to get rid of the buffeting from air spilling off the bottom corners of the stock Harley shield. The Clearview is wider and also extends quite a bit lower at the corners. We shall see how much of a benefit.

The Freedom shield will give you that extra inch without actually being an inch taller with the recurve they have. They are great shields that can take a beating. Had crow play chicken with mine and the shield won. But there was a tiny chip where the beak hit or maybe it was already there and I just didn't notice it. Really not sure on that one. But I put Freedom shields on anything I ride. John, the owner, is great to work with. He did something out of the norm for me on the one I have now.

I'm a Klockwerks fan however they are pricey.

I've also ran Long Ride Shields on my bikes and have been pleased with them.

My Wife runs a LRS Recurve on her Freewheeler and is happy with it.

I've been using Clearview on my bikes for a long time. Currently running one on my Free. It does have the vent and I can feel the air when moving around town when its hot. I crack it open a on the highway to help with buffeting. I wear a Shoei Neotec II and it doesn't move while using the highway here in the west at 80+ mph. Vent, recurve and extra width all play a factor.

I got the Clearview shield installed yesterday and did a rather long test ride. Buffeting from air off the sides and bottom is a bit better, I would estimate maybe 50% reduced. The quality and packaging (for shipping) of the shield is first rate.

New Windshield Because of Buying a New Seat

I wasn't looking into changing my shield. :gah:The buffering and wind coming around my stock shield was ok, no problems. The issue i was having was my :kpzxvq:mad:$$ during long rides of more than 100 miles. The Buttocks felt like a Baboon @$$ look after riding all day. I decide to look into getting a new saddle for the TG. After months of researching, reading the forums and talking to others with the same issues I was having when riding. I decide to order a Ultimate Seat for the trike. Like others have said in their post, and in conversations the first few miles was as bad as the stock seat. Since my @$$ was already harden (Muscle) from the stock seat, no problem! After around 550 miles the seat is getting better and better (Rock) every time I we went out for a ride. The seat issue was solved. :asskiss: My wife can't tell any difference, so far. Then another problem arose from the new seat. :taz:WIND. The seat did sit me back a couple of inches, but it also raised me up and the wife up almost 2 inches. The buffering that I wasn't experiencing now is coming into play. Back to researching to correct the problem. Looking into ALL of the choices (Thinking) in windshield, I decided to go with Freedom. ThumbUp The reason I chose Freedom was the craftmanship and the quality in their product, the price wasn't bad either. i went with a Medium Tint 11' height shield. At lower speeds the wind is ok. The more I turned the right wrist, :scooter:the more the wind was redirected around us. I could have gone with a 12' I'm ok with the 11'. Get back to the topic, Freedom windshield you can't go wrong. :pepper:

windshield

what height windshield are people using i also bought the stock hd..and i am getting blown all over cant even wear a cap..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png