Video - 2019 Tri Glide - Kevin Reviews His Mods

Hey Kevin,

At about the 11 minute mark you mentioned removing the left thigh protector. I was looking at my intake and it seems to block a lot of the wind from the right side thigh protector. Does it matter which side is removed? The left side on mine hides the backrest adjustment lever.

TIA

Kurt

Hey Kevin,

At about the 11 minute mark you mentioned removing the left thigh protector. I was looking at my intake and it seems to block a lot of the wind from the right side thigh protector. Does it matter which side is removed? The left side on mine hides the backrest adjustment lever.

TIA

Kurt

Hey Kurt,

The reason I remove the left side is because the right side is hotter. So leaving that in place protects the passenger from some radiant heat, it also scoops the air and moves it across and out the left side, giving the rear cylinder better air flow. (there's not near as much radiant heat on the left side)

You don't ride with a passenger, so you could leave the left side to scoop on and remove the right side for better air flow around the rear cylinder.

Kevin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png