Guzzi Belly Flop

slomobile

Mar 5, 2021
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Hello,

My name is Dustin Maki. Mak as in Big Mac + EE. It is Finnish for Hill.

Living east of Memphis, formerly northern Wisconsin.

I've been slomobile since owning a 62 Pontiac Starchief that could fit 8 people inside and 3 in the trunk(4 if they are small). The drive in charged per carload. We rode low, had to go slow, but we were mobile.

Husband, dad, 2 dogs, a few robots.

Honda Twinstar, Suzuki Water Buffalo and '79 GS1000, BMW R100/7, Ducati ST2, and the only one I still have 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal which I rode till failed back and neck surgeries left my spine too unstable to sit upright more than a couple minutes at a time. I'm getting to where I can't sit in a recliner or car seat. So I stare at the Goose in the garage wondering how to:

chop off the seat and rear fender,

make some type of bed thing the same slope as the tank,

clip-on bars way down on the forks,

subtract one rear wheel, add back 2,

figure out how to see forward while lying down unable to look up,

how to shift with my feet way back there,

not fall over, or flip over when I twist the throttle,

because I want the thing to lean.

So, I'll have a few questions. Some with impossible answers.

Dustin Maki

slomobile robotics

Welcome Dustin. I see you are into robotics? Have you thought of making a robot shifter.? You will need to go entirely to hand brakes, a chin support. Good luck with your project.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png