Video - More Fuel = Less Decel Pop??? WRONG!

Decel pop at high altitude

Riding a 2018 107 with a stage 2 tuned with a SE tuner. I live at 4700 feet and have tuned my M8 at this elevation I rarely experience any "noticeable" deceleration pop.

Took a trip up to 8800 feet where it was 30 degrees overnight and topped out at about 65 degrees. I experienced quite a bit of decel pop. Quite a bit on downhill runs, which I could mitigate by giving it just a bit of throttle.

I'm sure this is normal but... would the motor run richer at the higher elevation? Does my ECM compensate for elevation changes?

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Riding a 2018 107 with a stage 2 tuned with a SE tuner. I live at 4700 feet and have tuned my M8 at this elevation I rarely experience any "noticeable" deceleration pop.

Took a trip up to 8800 feet where it was 30 degrees overnight and topped out at about 65 degrees. I experienced quite a bit of decel pop. Quite a bit on downhill runs, which I could mitigate by giving it just a bit of throttle.

I'm sure this is normal but... would the motor run richer at the higher elevation? Does my ECM compensate for elevation changes?

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Yes it runs richer, there is less air @ higher altitudes, your ECM should be able to compensate for this

Yes it runs richer, there is less air @ higher altitudes, your ECM should be able to compensate for this

Thank you for the response. That's what I thought... richer. I thought that "leaner" caused the pop. It was noticeable and of course it went away when I dropped down to about 6,000 ft and totally gone back home at 4700 ft. It might be possible that using the SE tuner somehow overrides the ECMs ability to compensate. (that's just a guess). Anyway, no harm done since it all happens in the muffler.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png