How I lowered My Reckless Fairing

how I lowered my Reckless fairing

This is how I modified the brackets

First I drilled the top hole 1/2 in on the original bracket. Then I measured the distance for the bottom hole . To insure the holes matched up, I put screw in the top hole I drilled into the original hole on the bracket for the second hole. (the holes will line up the the mounting holes on the fairing) Note: you only can drill the holes back 1/2 inch or you will have to shave down the back of the brackets. Then I taped the brackets together and marked and drilled a hole on the upper and lower mounting openings. The tape on on the top and bottom of the brackets is where I was going to cut and modify. Use a dremel to cut and remove the metal. After the brackets were cut and shaped , compare the brackets the make sure they are the same height . Then I had to cut the lower part of the bracket 1/2 inch (the lowered bracket hit the turn signal lights)

IMG_0805.jpgIMG_0807.jpgIMG_0808.jpgIMG_0809.jpg

When I first got the bike I saw the large space between the Fairing and headlight (if you look at the first and second picture you can see the difference). I have seen how other fairing fit and also read how the fairing could be lowered. The fit now looks a lot better .

I just want to add a comment.

I did call Reckless and asked if they made a lower bracket for the Freewheeler before I modified the brackets for the fairing. I was told there is not one. I asked if they would consider making a different bracket to lower the fairing, they said the brackets are made on a CNC machine and the bracket I have is the only one made for the Freewheeler. I even sent them pictures of the big space over the head light. You would think they would care how their product looks and fits. But Some people figure a way to fix what the a manufacturer overlooks. With that said, I can't take full credit for the way I lowered the fairing , I saw how someone lowered their fairing on another site. Thank you all who liked this , Special thanks to PaPa Zook, Zammy , and Jack K..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png