Darn Fine Trike * DFT * Gold Wing Pre '18

AdvenJack

Feb 21, 2019
Gulf Coast, Florida
I've seen a trike advertised with a Darn Fine Trike kit. I know zero about the company.

Are they still active? Are they of the Independent Rear Suspension type?

If anyone has the website I'd like to see it posted in an answer.

Have any of you all had experience with them, and how do the stack up to CSC and R/S and so on?

Thanks for the help!

http://www.lat-enterprisesinc.com/dft-trike-conversion-kits.html

The body style is rather bland.

8258679511e47d3bad87f57d993dcd4f

DFT is an independent suspension.

if given a choice I'd rather have a CSC or Roadsmith.

dft trike

I've seen a trike advertised with a Darn Fine Trike kit. I know zero about the company.

Have any of you all had experience with them, and how do the stack up to CSC and R/S and so on?

Thanks for the help!

have a 2007 with the dft kit , love it . leon you can call anytime .uses stock honda drive line, irs works perfect front end kicked out 4.5 degrees. have no problem with it.

Thanks for the help!

Long time ago someone told me Dont Freeking Tryit

ya know like ford Fix Or Repair Daily or First On Race Day

DFT Trike Kit

I had a 2009 with DFT conversion. It is a very good kit with some very good advantages.

1) Only adds 185 lbs to weight.

2) Uses modified Honda rear end with stock Honda Brake system. So all components from drive line back are original Honda.

The modification to the Honda rear end is to add a live axle to the right side to match the live axle to the left. Therefore the

brake caliper and rotor are same place as stock, no modification to brake.

3) If you look at the rear end assembly it looks like a really well engineered design.

4) I had no problem with handling on the twisty roads I drive all the time.

It is about $4000 more expensive than any other kit. Not a lot of options.

Rear air shocks replacements for DFT conversion

I have a 1998 Honda Valkyrie with a Darn Fine Trikes conversion that has 14" Progressive 416 air shocks on it. I need to replace these. Anyone have any information on what would be a good replacement?

Thanks

Thanks, Rhino2.

I'm pretty new to using Forums. I've mostly lurked and gathered info and not really posted anything. Now my rear shocks are leaking and a rebuild kit hasn't helped, so the need to be replaced. And suspension has always been pretty much voodoo to me I'm looking for some specific help.

Attachments

• IMG_1202.JPG
    IMG_1202.JPG
    513.7 KB · Views: 47

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png