LED tail lights

copbiker

40+ Posts
Jul 5, 2019
kansas city,mo USA
Trying to choose between Eagle and Custom Dynamics LED tail/brake lights for the freewheeler. I'm sure either would be a great improvement over stock, but there's $200.00 difference. Is Custom Dynamics that much better? I've tried to find comparison videos but can't. Any info would be a big help.

Trying to choose between Eagle and Custom Dynamics LED tail/brake lights for the freewheeler. I'm sure either would be a great improvement over stock, but there's $200.00 difference. Is Custom Dynamics that much better? I've tried to find comparison videos but can't. Any info would be a big help.

In full disclosure; I never reviewed or considered “Eagle” when I updated my lights to LEDs.

Other than the headlight I went with CDs primarily due to all the positive reviews of them.

They seem to be a quality product and I’m happy with them.

I put them on my front and rear along with the luggage rack.

front off.jpgfront on.jpgrear off.JPGrear on.JPG

That being said; I have the Sunpie LED headlight on my Heritage that was only around $65 and it has been working well for a few years so I went with that for the Freewheeler upgrade.

So in other words just because something’s cheaper doesn’t mean it doesn’t do the job.

After a brief review of the Eagle website the Eagle lights look like they would work well and are in fact around $180 cheaper than the CDs.

So I ask the question; “is Eagle saving the money with quality or is CDs padding their price?”.

The answer may be a little bit of both.

I know I haven’t answered any questions but I will say that often times cheaper isn’t better but often times cheaper does gets the job done.

If you go with Eagle be sure to post your review of them so as to possibly help the next person who’s wrangling with the same decision.

I have changed the bulbs to LED . The Taillights are way too expensive. I then got the Custom flashers for tail & brake lights from Custom D. Great lifetime warranty & they respond very fast with replacements. Have used them on several bikes over the years & only had issues 2 times. Both were promptly taken care of, with new replacements at NO cost.

I think that the custom Dynamics tail lights are way overpriced. The Eagles are very comparable in brightness, have a built-in flasher and much less expensive. As far as quality goes the Eagles are very well made as is everything from Custom Dynamics. Eagles have a lifetime warranty.

Right now the Eagles are $171 for the pair using the discount code on the website. I'm perfectly fine with spending a couple hundred bucks on super bright tail lights if it will help prevent some idiot from rear-ending me at a traffic light.

I put all Custom Dynamics on my TriGlide . For me worth every penny. Bought them from Direct Cycle Parts at a super great price. In fact best around. Stock HD lights suck!

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    973.5 KB · Views: 71
Signals with hyper flash

I have the same set up do in the front and rear. Do you have hyper flash? Did you resolve it? I can't find a plug and play product.

In full disclosure; I never reviewed or considered “Eagle” when I updated my lights to LEDs.

Other than the headlight I went with CDs primarily due to all the positive reviews of them.

They seem to be a quality product and I’m happy with them.

I put them on my front and rear along with the luggage rack.

View attachment 107468View attachment 107469View attachment 107470View attachment 107471

That being said; I have the Sunpie LED headlight on my Heritage that was only around $65 and it has been working well for a few years so I went with that for the Freewheeler upgrade.

So in other words just because something’s cheaper doesn’t mean it doesn’t do the job.

After a brief review of the Eagle website the Eagle lights look like they would work well and are in fact around $180 cheaper than the CDs.

So I ask the question; “is Eagle saving the money with quality or is CDs padding their price?”.

The answer may be a little bit of both.

I know I haven’t answered any questions but I will say that often times cheaper isn’t better but often times cheaper does gets the job done.

If you go with Eagle be sure to post your review of them so as to possibly help the next person who’s wrangling with the same decision.

Eagle lights

I got a set from Eagle Lights that strobe for a couple of seconds when the brake is applied. Work great. The only issue is when turning the turn indicator hyperflashes but not the lights themselves. They said that's normal.

I put all Custom Dynamics on my TriGlide . For me worth every penny. Bought them from Direct Cycle Parts at a super great price. In fact best around. Stock HD lights suck!

I've sold and installed Custom Dynamics products for years and their lights are all top shelf and they do stand behind their products. Many riders I talk to consider tail lights and any rear lighting upgrade a potentially life saving feature that is well worth investing in. The Ciro/Goldstrike product line also has some really innovative lighting products for Harley and Honda tour bikes and trikes.

Me Too

I've sold and installed Custom Dynamics products for years and their lights are all top shelf and they do stand behind their products. Many riders I talk to consider tail lights and any rear lighting upgrade a potentially life saving feature that is well worth investing in. The Ciro/Goldstrike product line also has some really innovative lighting products for Harley and Honda tour bikes and trikes.

I bought the Air Wing luggage rack for my Freewheeler specifically so that I could add the extra visibility provided by the Custom Dynamics AUXILIARY RUN & BRAKE LIGHT.

I got a set from Eagle Lights that strobe for a couple of seconds when the brake is applied. Work great. The only issue is when turning the turn indicator hyperflashes but not the lights themselves. They said that's normal.

I have Eagle Lights on my tri glide all the way around also. I love them. I do get hyper flash on the right turn signal indicator but the lights flash normal. I also went with the Dakota Digital dash

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png