Bad day yesterday

Zammy

20500+ Posts
Jan 15, 2015
W. Florida
Well, it was a good morning, we got in about a 100 mile breakfast ride on the trike, relaxing afternoon and out for dinner in the car.

Sitting at a red light about 1 mile from our house around 7:30 last night and got rear ended pretty bad. They had to take the guy to the hospital that hit us, his front and side air bags deployed, front end of his Ford Fusion was destroyed. The Misses and I are OK, we had seat belts on and thank goodness for the headrests, we're both a little sore today but not really any injuries. Couldn't drive our car so it was towed to the dealership and got a good look at it today in the sunlight.

I don't think it can be fixed, it's a 2019 Chevy Traverse, the rear doors are jammed against the pillars and won't open, the tailgate can't be opened, the right rear fender is wrapped around the tire and our hitch is at about a 45 degree angle which to me means the frame is pretty bad or broken. We should know something in a couple of days. I found out from the Trooper that wrote the report that he has insurance, we'll see how that goes.

Well, it was a good morning, we got in about a 100 mile breakfast ride on the trike, relaxing afternoon and out for dinner in the car.

Sitting at a red light about 1 mile from our house around 7:30 last night and got rear ended pretty bad. They had to take the guy to the hospital that hit us, his front and side air bags deployed, front end of his Ford Fusion was destroyed. The Misses and I are OK, we had seat belts on and thank goodness for the headrests, we're both a little sore today but not really any injuries. Couldn't drive our car so it was towed to the dealership and got a good look at it today in the sunlight.

I don't think it can be fixed, it's a 2019 Chevy Traverse, the rear doors are jammed against the pillars and won't open, the tailgate can't be opened, the right rear fender is wrapped around the tire and our hitch is at about a 45 degree angle which to me means the frame is pretty bad or broken. We should know something in a couple of days. I found out from the Trooper that wrote the report that he has insurance, we'll see how that goes.

All I can say is Ouch!…..

Wow Gary ! Good thing you two were in the car . The person that hit ya definitely wasn’t paying ANY attention . Glad your both ok .

Holy Smokes, sorry to hear of the 'bad day', but it's always a 'decent day' when you walk away from a rear ender like that. Another distracted driver causing big problems. Blessings,

Sorry to hear about this - glad to hear you are OK.

Normally we would say - well, the car can be replaced. With the lack of cars now, there may be some problems. Make sure that is the guy's insurance problem - and, not yours.

Zammy, Happy that you and your better-half are only sore, it could have been a lot worse. Forty years ago I was rear ended by a drunk driver who totaled my truck, injuring my son and me. I was originally going to take the bike but changed my mind at the last minute. As bad as my truck was damaged I gotta think the drunk would have killed my son and me had we of been on the bike. God was no doubt with both of us that evening!

PC

It is good news that you are both OK. It would have been really bad if you had been carrying extra people in the back of your car like you did in Eureka Springs a few years ago.

We're both feeling better today, just a little sore from the seat belts and whiplash. We got in touch with his Insurance company (Progressive), they arranged for a rental car today and we picked it up this afternoon. Should hear something on our vehicle tomorrow, their adjuster said he would be out within 48 hours. We haven't seen a Doc, neither one of us has a headache but we might see one just to get it on record, just in case, in Florida we have 14 days to do that.

Happy to hear you and your wife are doing well. That had to be a significant hit to do that much damage. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way..... Jim

They decided that the car was totaled, a lot of the frame was bent and some of it was actually broken. Next step is try and find another Traverse, we really liked our SUV, vehicles are really scarce around these parts so we'll start at our dealership tomorrow and see how it goes. Also have Dr. appointments tomorrow morning just to cover our a$$es if something comes up after 14 days. We're both feeling better today and hit the gym this morning.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png