Do all roadsmith trikes come with grease zerks on driveshaft???

Burnerboy

2000+ Posts
Sep 2, 2016
Springfield, Mass. USA
Do all roadsmith trikes come with grease zerks on driveshaft???

My Roadsmith (two seasons old) DOES have the grease zerks mounted on my driveshaft.... BUT this week a good friend is coming over with his R/Smith trike so we can grease up his driveshaft (his is an older kit) and I'm hoping that he also has the grease zerks installed...

I plan of jacking up the rear of his bike, and spinning the tires so the zerks are exposed..and give it a couple shots of moly grease....

Thanks for all posting answers

Ronnie

6/22/22

Hmmmmm, I'm unfamiliar, with the words Moog U joint and Pin point adapter from my grease gun (sorry)

My grease gun is the "regular type" with a flex rubber tube with an "end fitting" that plugs into a grease jirk.......Than I pump the handle.

Been using this type grease gun for over 50+ years

Ronnie

6/24/22

Hmmmmm, I'm unfamiliar, with the words Moog U joint and Pin point adapter from my grease gun (sorry)

My grease gun is the "regular type" with a flex rubber tube with an "end fitting" that plugs into a grease jirk.......Than I pump the handle.

Ronnie

6/24/22

I had to use the pin point adapter for the drive shaft on my EX-Slingshot....Think of it as a long hollow needle to fill the Zerk's in tight spots where the regular head is too wide/fat to lock on the fittings...It doesn't go over the fitting it just pushes the ball in the fitting to let the grease in... ...

Ronnie

6/24/22

the pin point adaptor looks like the picture here, you can find them at any good automotive parts store

41fv192tQuL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Interesting ...... How much difference (OR BETTER) is this grease gun end fitting than my old'rr model, that I have to push on the jerk, and pump the grease in.................

Not trying to be smart azz here, just looking for better ideas, and suggestions...

I used to be pretty decent (shade tree mechanic) when I was much young'rrr BUT now that, I'm in my 70's, I'm afraid much of my mechanical abilities, have disappeared............

Thanks for all your help, and suggestions..........

Ronnie

6/25/22

Interesting ...... How much difference (OR BETTER) is this grease gun end fitting than my old'rr model, that I have to push on the jerk, and pump the grease in.................

Not trying to be smart azz here, just looking for better ideas, and suggestions...

The needle attachment is only used to get into tight spots because it doesn’t clip onto the Zerk sometimes you wish you had three hands two to hold and operate the grease gun And one to hold the needle on the zerk..

Thanks Jack, I will check this out this morning while visiting my local auto parts store this morning... (i need to get a couple cans of 5W-30 oil for my wife's Jeep with 175 K miles on it.......)

Ronnie

6/25/22

Ronnie, I have 1 of these also , it works very good and easy 1 hand pumping, you can find them on Amazon, or a Matco tool truck

41FbkoV9fpL._AC_.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png