Battery issue

firespot

Feb 13, 2023
Vermilion
Question, Has anyone here relocated their battery from the side compartment to the rear lower trunk? I have thought about this, but was wondering if there is an aftermarket battery box small enough for a MC battery. It's a real pain hooking up the battery tender on the Roadsmith trike kit and am wondering if anyone has thought this out. Thanks

Frank

Question, Has anyone here relocated their battery from the side compartment to the rear lower trunk? I have thought about this, but was wondering if there is an aftermarket battery box small enough for a MC battery. It's a real pain hooking up the battery tender on the Roadsmith trike kit and am wondering if anyone has thought this out. Thanks

Frank

Frank welcome to Trike-Talk.......:wave4::wave4:.....The easy way is to just put a pig tail on your battery and run it to a spot where you can just plug the tender in this way you don't have to get directly to the battery to plug the tender in any more...

Hi Frank, :welcome: to Trike Talk and your first post

What Bob sad

Easy to install a battery tender pigtail to your battery, once you decide to do this you may want to have your battery load tested first so you do not have any surprises with a bad battery

Clean the battery connections good, make sure the battery is secure( not bouncing around, this will lead to early battery failure)

Frank

Perhaps I missed it - what trike do your have? If a recent Harley, there is probably already a tender plug.

I agree with others - plus, I recommend adding a jumpstart harness (cost about $10) just in case you need it.

I have the pig tail on my Goldwing (Roadsmith) trike........... I use it to also plug in my battery maintainer, every winter season while the trike is sitting in my garage

Ronnie

2/16/23

Jump start harness?

Perhaps I missed it - what trike do your have? If a recent Harley, there is probably already a tender plug.

I agree with others - plus, I recommend adding a jumpstart harness (cost about $10) just in case you need it.

Hey, What is a jump start harness? I’m new to trikes. Can you send me a link to one? In all my life I never heard of such a thing. sure sounds like it would come in handy. I’ve already had some experience with removing those side panels on the Goldwing over the battery and its a pain. Service thru a pig tail and wiring harness sounds good to me.

Hey, What is a jump start harness? I’m new to trikes. Can you send me a link to one? In all my life I never heard of such a thing. sure sounds like it would come in handy. I’ve already had some experience with removing those side panels on the Goldwing over the battery and its a pain. Service thru a pig tail and wiring harness sounds good to me.

Just Google pig tail for a motorcycle battery…👍..

You can get this from Amazon. By using this, you can connect the wires to your battery. If the battery fails, you can connect this to a jumpstart kit and jump the bike.

In addition, you can also use the connector to make it fit your battery tender - so, this does the job of two things. Make sure you use the extra plug to connect to the tender

[h=1]LIXINTIAN 10AWG Connector Cable, 1.3ft EC5 Female Plug to O Ring Terminal Cable, 5.9in EC5 Male to SAE Power Automotive Adapter Cable, with 1 SAE Polarity Reverse Connector[/h]

Pig tail for battery

You can get this from Amazon. By using this, you can connect the wires to your battery. If the battery fails, you can connect this to a jumpstart kit and jump the bike.

In addition, you can also use the connector to make it fit your battery tender - so, this does the job of two things. Make sure you use the extra plug to connect to the tender

LIXINTIAN 10AWG Connector Cable, 1.3ft EC5 Female Plug to O Ring Terminal Cable, 5.9in EC5 Male to SAE Power Automotive Adapter Cable, with 1 SAE Polarity Reverse Connector

I know what a pig tail is, just didn’t know what you meant, by attaching it to a jump start harness. Apparently you can jump start with a pigtail? I’ll check it out on Amazon.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png