Rainy day thoughts' Saturday.....

rhino 2

100000 + Posts
Oct 15, 2011
Utopia New Jersey USA..
Its raining and while drying up from my coffee and bagel run, And a prompt from Sidecarbill......

I was just thinking..(Sometimes i will do that).....: That with all the talk about the untimely death's and tragedy's caused by Gas stoves and Gas Ovens, And then a recent editors opinion in the March Addition of the Cosmology and Astroparticle weekly about the untimely and tragedy's caused by Gas Stoves and Gas Ovens....And now reprinted in the New York Times..

It states that more people die/will die in bed than will die while cooking a pot roast over a gas stove so the thought is that Congress should fund an opened ended study to determine the feasibility of out lawing the sale and use of all new and previously new gas stoves..:(...

Beds are the problem,ya can't die in bed if you don't have one. If we stay out of bed we'll live forever. Putting a tremendous burden on social security. And seeing it's a gift and nothing we paid for that could be a problem.:)

Beds are the problem,ya can't die in bed if you don't have one. If we stay out of bed we'll live forever. Putting a tremendous burden on social security. And seeing it's a gift and nothing we paid for that could be a problem.:)

Well if you live past 66/67 years old you are a freeloader on social Security….You were only supposed to live a year or two after collecting Social Security.. this way they can put the money you put into Social Security while you were working into a fund for free haircuts and parking spaces at airports for the senators and congressmen….

It's not raining here but you prompted me to think anyway. :( Several years ago when I was getting ready to start receiving SS I did some calculating about how much I am actually loosing at the hands of government. The money I would receive monthly would be more than double if;

1. The government kept it hands off my money.

2. The money set aside for me for SS was put into a dedicated private savings account.

3. That savings account earned compound interest at the average savings rate for the previous 50 years.

4. That account was not touched, raided, misappropriated, or stolen.

If at retirement age I was given that chunk of money and placed it into an annuity it would have yielded more than double what I did get each month.

Now, just think what that income would have been if, instead of a savings account, the money was routinely invested in a good growth fund over the same 50 year period.

Sure glad to have the government looking out for me!!! Now I have a headache and I will go to my corner and sulk for a while..... :gah:

It's not raining here but you prompted me to think anyway. :( Several years ago when I was getting ready to start receiving SS I did some calculating about how much I am actually loosing at the hands of government. The money I would receive monthly would be more than double if;

1. The government kept it hands off my money.

2. The money set aside for me for SS was put into a dedicated private savings account.

3. That savings account earned compound interest at the average savings rate for the previous 50 years.

4. That account was not touched, raided, misappropriated, or stolen.

If at retirement age I was given that chunk of money and placed it into an annuity it would have yielded more than double what I did get each month.

Now, just think what that income would have been if, instead of a savings account, the money was routinely invested in a good growth fund over the same 50 year period.

Sure glad to have the government looking out for me!!! Now I have a headache and I will go to my corner and sulk for a while..... :gah:

Happy to be of help… I was self-employed, so I contributed double.. but I don’t get double I get the same as if I was a single working person…

My old man’ God rest his soul told me when I first started working if you don’t want to be one of those people that at 65 start crying ; I can’t live on Social Security or I’m on a fixed income I can’t live.. Then take at least 10% of whatever you make’ Year in Year out and stick it in a Tax deferred mutual fund and let it sit there until you’re retired… and I try to beat that into any young kids head that I know to do that..

Happy to be of help… I was self-employed, so I contributed double.. but I don’t get double I get the same as if I was a single working person…

My old man’ God rest his soul told me when I first started working if you don’t want to be one of those people that at 65 start crying ; I can’t live on Social Security or I’m on a fixed income I can’t live.. Then take at least 10% of whatever you make’ Year in Year out and stick it in a Tax deferred mutual fund and let it sit there until you’re retired… and I try to beat that into any young kids head that I know to do that..

Sound advice Bob. I took my 401K money and invested in annuities, my current rate is @ 7 percent

I do not need it now so I will let it roll

Thinking on a rainy Saturday

How to wash off the buildup on the coffee maker with out getting the electronics wet

Should I SSS before or after the Hoplong Casity movie

Is it a good day to nap after I fill the stove to warm up the house

Happy hour might start early today

Veal Parm over linguini sounds like a descent meal tonight

Nite cap with some tunes till née naww time

Tomorrow I hope Mr Sun visits

Sunny day frustration!!!!!

So, when the paper towel folks decided to come out with the 1/2 size "select-a-size" towels I hated them. I went out of my way to find the regular size. Well, that became an exercise in frustration after a while. I could only get the shorter ones. So, that's what I've been using for the last few years. Kinda got used to them. Now my last package of towels turned out to be the "old" longer size! I now hate those big, long towels. After getting accustom to the new stuff, going back is irritating. I think someone is just messing with my feeble mind..... :mad:

So, when the paper towel folks decided to come out with the 1/2 size "select-a-size" towels I hated them. I went out of my way to find the regular size. Well, that became an exercise in frustration after a while. I could only get the shorter ones. So, that's what I've been using for the last few years. Kinda got used to them. Now my last package of towels turned out to be the "old" longer size! I now hate those big, long towels. After getting accustom to the new stuff, going back is irritating. I think someone is just messing with my feeble mind..... :mad:

I found that after using the 1/2 sheets using the full sheets is like wiping your face with a blanket....:gah:..

I try to beat that into any young kids head

You are dead on about that Rhino. But most kids today are too set on living for the moment than thinking about their future.

Ok it’s not Saturday. Still , it’s a good day to pick my abundance or red tomatoes and make some gravy for the freezer .

Sunny Wednesday Thought

Doing a little computer stuff this morning. I like to have some background music. Usually Pandora playing a shuffle of my stations. Thousands of songs there. For some reason Pandora did not wake up this morning. Totally silent. So I went to another music source. Saw an option for Country. I like Country. Started playing.... Holey Crap! When did Country become thumpy, bumpy, rap, B.S. with a southern drawl? I kept skipping from song to song and they were all the same. Even the same background thumpy bumpy crap. Just the voices were (a little) different. Waylon, Hank, and friends have to be turning over in their graves. Thank God Pandora woke up just in time!

Doing a little computer stuff this morning. I like to have some background music. Usually Pandora playing a shuffle of my stations. Thousands of songs there. For some reason Pandora did not wake up this morning. Totally silent. So I went to another music source. Saw an option for Country. I like Country. Started playing.... Holey Crap! When did Country become thumpy, bumpy, rap, B.S. with a southern drawl? I kept skipping from song to song and they were all the same. Even the same background thumpy bumpy crap. Just the voices were (a little) different. Waylon, Hank, and friends have to be turning over in their graves. Thank God Pandora woke up just in time!

Country is going Hip-Hop…..And That’s not all…

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png