Air cleaner

rcappie

100+ Posts
Oct 16, 2019
La Porte
Hi everyone, I have a chance to pick up an air cleaner off a 2022 HarleyCVO, will it fit on my 2019 Triglide. Thanks Rich

If it is complete including all hardware and backing plate it should fit

Is this it? Or is it the forward facing one?

Medium

Would this need a tuner, I already have a decatted pipe and CVO mufflers with FulSac 2” baffles. 2019 TriGlide

Would this need a tuner, I already have a decatted pipe and CVO mufflers with FulSac 2” baffles. 2019 TriGlide

M8 engines do fine without a tuner, they do NOT run lean, however to take full advantage of your AC and exhaust a tuner would help, it can add more fuel to help your engine run cooler and pull stronger, it really is up to you

Do you need a tuner?? No

Should you get one?? Only if you want to take full advantage of the changes you made.

I waited till I finished all the same mods you did. After getting a recommendation from V&H on what tune to use. my MPG jumped from 32 to almost 37. Money well spent IMO.

Hey Smitty, if you don’t mind what air cleaner did you go with and what V&H’S tuner did you go with? Thanks Rich

Hey Smitty, if you don’t mind what air cleaner did you go with and what V&H’S tuner did you go with? Thanks Rich

I got the FP3 and at first just added the K&N filter to the stock air box with the You Tube mod but have since upgraded that to the Harley Screaming Eagle stock look cleaner with a much larger filter. Also added the DK external breather with catch can.

Once the FP3 is installed and you play with it a bit, call V&H and tell them your mods. Watch your MPG go up almost instantly.

M8 engines do fine without a tuner, they do NOT run lean, however to take full advantage of your AC and exhaust a tuner would help, it can add more fuel to help your engine run cooler and pull stronger, it really is up to you

Hey Jack, I installed the air cleaner on my Triglide, started it up and motor ran up to about 4 grand. I thought I may of pinched something loosened all bolts, nothing. I put it all back together, same thing. Shut it down and started it up and now its idling at 1050 Any opinions? I haven’t taken out for a ride yet, weather here in Indiana is rainy and shitty.

Thanks Rich

Hey Jack, I installed the air cleaner on my Triglide, started it up and motor ran up to about 4 grand. I thought I may of pinched something loosened all bolts, nothing. I put it all back together, same thing. Shut it down and started it up and now its idling at 1050 Any opinions? I haven’t taken out for a ride yet, weather here in Indiana is rainy and shitty.

Thanks Rich

The ECM has to go through a few cycles…..Put a few miles on it…It should even out..

Thanks Rich

Try a throttle reset first

[FONT=&quot]To reset your idle setting back [/FONT][FONT=&quot]turn the ignition switch on for 10 seconds off for 10 seconds (do not start the engine), repeat a total of 4 times[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. That should reset your original throttle position

Harley TBW will remember its position each time the bike is shut down[/FONT]

Hey Jack, better after doing the reset. Still seems a touch high but I haven’t been able to take it for a ride. Rain again today! This week weather supposed to be in the 60’s, I’ll check back with you. What do you think about the fp3 tuner. Keep in mind I’m only doing a stage 1

Hey Jack, better after doing the reset. Still seems a touch high but I haven’t been able to take it for a ride. Rain again today! This week weather supposed to be in the 60’s, I’ll check back with you. What do you think about the fp3 tuner. Keep in mind I’m only doing a stage 1

Fp3 will get the job done and has tech support

Hope this all flies good for you now, just for grins check your intake for air leaks

Start it up and spray some carb cleaner around the intake ports, if your engine speeds up you need to check the intake seals

Fp3 will get the job done and has tech support

Hope this all flies good for you now, just for grins check your intake for air leaks

Start it up and spray some carb cleaner around the intake ports, if your engine speeds up you need to check the intake seals

I’ll check, but this bike only has 9k on it. Other than doing an external breather cover has never been off. I’ll let you know after I take it for a ride

I’ll check, but this bike only has 9k on it. Other than doing an external breather cover has never been off. I’ll let you know after I take it for a ride

Well Jack, no leaks. Took the for a ride all is good all except for the way home 46 degrees and rain. Just my luck. Thanks again everyone

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png