New Brake Shoes Locking Up 2004 Lehman Goldwing

Just wanted to touch base..... I contacted Wilwood asking them if they supplied Lehman with any of their disc brake parts back when they were being built. Their answer was the following;From previous emails with other Lehman owners, I know the 11.2” rotor is 160-8484, and we still have some for $179 each. There was also a larger 11.9” rotor, but we no longer have them. The rear caliper was a Dynapro Single, but I do not know which piston size they used.

Other than that, that's all they could offer in regards to what Lehman used but, it's a something. Of course, there are many other factors involved such as mounting to the axle, etc. The pictures in the Monarch ll manual shows a different rear axle than mine. With only knowing about the few parts available and not knowing anything about mounting for disc brakes, I'm going to keep moving forward on my drum brake situation throughout the winter. I won't be able to road test but, I'll probably change out the PCV and will go over everything I can and re-bleed. Once I'm able to road test or find something that may be obvious, I'll definitely report back here. If anyone has something else that comes to mind, please jump in. I Thank all of you here for taking the time in helping me out. I sincerely appreciate it more than words can say. Ray ThumbUp

Monarch ll Manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/932385/Lehman-Trikes-Monarch-Ii-Honda-Gl1800.html

Just wanted to touch base..... I contacted Wilwood asking them if they supplied Lehman with any of their disc brake parts back when they were being built. Their answer was the following;From previous emails with other Lehman owners, I know the 11.2” rotor is 160-8484, and we still have some for $179 each. There was also a larger 11.9” rotor, but we no longer have them. The rear caliper was a Dynapro Single, but I do not know which piston size they used.

Other than that, that's all they could offer in regards to what Lehman used but, it's a something. Of course, there are many other factors involved such as mounting to the axle, etc. The pictures in the Monarch ll manual shows a different rear axle than mine. With only knowing about the few parts available and not knowing anything about mounting for disc brakes, I'm going to keep moving forward on my drum brake situation throughout the winter. I won't be able to road test but, I'll probably change out the PCV and will go over everything I can and re-bleed. Once I'm able to road test or find something that may be obvious, I'll definitely report back here. If anyone has something else that comes to mind, please jump in. I Thank all of you here for taking the time in helping me out. I sincerely appreciate it more than words can say. Ray ThumbUp

Monarch ll Manual: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/932385/Lehman-Trikes-Monarch-Ii-Honda-Gl1800.html

Did You Ever Check The Rubber hoses ? I Thought I gave you a disc brake kit Number from Speedway Parts ? There was a story I read once about a Horse And Water, I don't remember the rest of it ?

Did You Ever Check The Rubber hoses ? I Thought I gave you a disc brake kit Number from Speedway Parts ? There was a story I read once about a Horse And Water, I don't remember the rest of it ?

Yes... You did a great job leading me to Speedway along with the part numbers. I sincerely appreciate that information and haven't discarded it. As you know, I've been kicking the disc brake decision around and even more so now. I was hoping I could find the same exact kit the Lehman used on the Monarch l including all the hardware and hydraulic lines along with Lehman instruction. Of course, that limb is non-existent. Lehmans Monarch ll installation manual helped some but, didn't get into the specific's when it came to parts.

Of course, not being a mechanic per say doesn't help. On the flip side, I've done quite a bit of mechanical things through the years therefore, I do feel confident about tackling the job. If I go that route, I want to make sure of everything that's needed plus great instruction that will work with my trike.

I did check a couple short hose at the SMC. I plan on going over more once I get the system drained again.

Right now at the the following point.....:gah: Thanks again, appreciate ya! Ray ThumbUp

Yes... You did a great job leading me to Speedway along with the part numbers. I sincerely appreciate that information and haven't discarded it. As you know, I've been kicking the disc brake decision around and even more so now. I was hoping I could find the same exact kit the Lehman used on the Monarch l including all the hardware and hydraulic lines along with Lehman instruction. Of course, that limb is non-existent. Lehmans Monarch ll installation manual helped some but, didn't get into the specific's when it came to parts.

Of course, not being a mechanic per say doesn't help. On the flip side, I've done quite a bit of mechanical things through the years therefore, I do feel confident about tackling the job. If I go that route, I want to make sure of everything that's needed plus great instruction that will work with my trike.

I did check a couple short hose at the SMC. I plan on going over more once I get the system drained again.

Right now at the the following point.....:gah: Thanks again, appreciate ya! Ray ThumbUp

Internal hose collapse is a very real thing and happens more than you think

I had a new Napa hose bad out of the box a few years back

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png