FM antenna location after CSC conversion

NJMike

60+ Posts
Reaction score
Ironhorse54 and I believe the FM antenna on 2018+ Goldwings is somewhere in the right saddlebag. Anyone know where it is moved to in the conversion process?

2018 didn't come with an XM antenna.

We added one to ours, when we put the CSC encore trike kit on.

Mounted the antenna on top of the hand brake reservoir.

Works great there.

Thanks, BBJ, but that’s not my question. I’m talking about the FM antenna.

Sorry thinking XM. :gah:

Our FM, we put around the inside of the top trunk.

Reception sucks, unless you are close to a big city.

Should have an external antenna, but haven't put one on yet.

AM and FM reception on my 2019 Wing is horrible. AM is impossible to use. As to the XM, I put it in the truck and get great reception

My 2021 DCT had a great radio reception until after the trike conversion, now it is horrible. Any thoughts, other than calling CSC? Thanks, Ironhorse.

Yeah, I already thought of that but I’m not real keen on drilling a hole on the bike. I may just have to live with it and use the iPod on my phone.

I called CSC and talked with Dwight and Will. The FM antenna is placed on the top inside of the tour pack. They said they have not had any complaints about poor radio reception. They also said there is no external antenna that will fit the Honda radio. Apparently the plug to the radio is very specific to the Honda radio system and there are none available to match. I guess I’ll just have to live with it.

I don't use the AM/FM radio much if I do listen to music it is on a thumb drive, but while in Maggie Valley last year a guy on a stock Goldwing was asking me about mine because he said he couldn't pick up anything on his so I tried mine and sure enough nothing but static I just thought it was the area we were in and dismissed it as that.

There are quite a few on another Goldwing Forum, that have put a mast antenna on their 18+ Goldwings. You have to get an adapter off Amazon to make the connecting plug work.

I haven't changed ours over yet, and CSC shouldn't say they haven't had any complaints, as we wrote to them about our very poor reception, IF you can even call it reception.

I called CSC and talked with Dwight and Will. The FM antenna is placed on the top inside of the tour pack. They said they have not had any complaints about poor radio reception. They also said there is no external antenna that will fit the Honda radio. Apparently the plug to the radio is very specific to the Honda radio system and there are none available to match. I guess I’ll just have to live with it.

I respect both of those gentlemen and appreciate their knowledge but everyone I have ever spoken with that has a 2018 or newer complains about the poor radio reception and AM is impossible. Trike kit or no trike kit.

My 2018 had terrible radio reception. When I upgraded to the 2021 I read were the wattage was increased from 25 to 45 W. Radio reception was tremendously better. Now with the Trike kit it is back to like it was with the 2018.

The antenna is placed inside the top tour pack between a plastic liner and the top shell of the tour pack. NJ Mike tried to take this plastic liner out but was unable to do so. Will at CSC said they tested the antenna throughout this whole area and found no difference in reception.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png