2024 Tri glide

Rawhideken

5+ Posts
Mar 17, 2024
bellevue
New 2024 tri glide took it to the dealer with 97 miles on it, to get a tour pack rack installed. When I got home I noticed a big crack in the plastic on the bottom half of the tour pack. the dealer does not know what to do. Is there any warranty ??

I Would think its another Brainless certified Technician. You see a lot of them you flip them open with the xtra weight of the rack & they crack. He doesn't know what to do? Order You a new one, Better yet take one off a new trike in show room, so you don't have to wait 3 months for a painted part

I Would think its another Brainless certified Technician. You see a lot of them you flip them open with the xtra weight of the rack & they crack. He doesn't know what to do? Order You a new one, Better yet take one off a new trike in show room, so you don't have to wait 3 months for a painted part

:clapping::clapping:I will know on Monday what they will do.

The is saying he doesn't know what to do, he is saving his butt from replacing the lid, his tech that did the work tighten to much and then it cracked on the way home I would imagine, and maybe it cracked in the store, hard to tell, not the first time a tech has screwed something up

Good luck and let us know what they intend to do

All for now Trampas

This is how civilization ends. Lack of competency in any given field or trade. Add to that a corporation that breeds incompetence and pretty soon everyone is living in mud huts and shitting in the streets.

The crack go all the way down to the bolt. it is much wider closer to the bolt. I think I can glue it together with a real good glue ?

My opinion is you will never get it glued that will last on a break like that. If you could make a reinforcement piece out of a similar plastic & glue that in behind it that would help, BUTT It will be a hacked-up piece of crap on your brand-new trike. I have an Auto Body Shop & everything on these new cars is PLASTIC Garbage. We have some good 2 part epoxy, but the tour packs are a weird plastic.

Sorry about this, I would not glue it, I would let the dealer know you want a new tour pak, that is the only thing to do, a new one, if your dealer is a good one he will replace it, if not send the picture to the mother ship and tell them what happend, hopefull you get this taken care of with no money out of pocket on your end, shoudl be all harley

All for now Trampas

Fortunately it’s under the flap and won’t be seen . If the stealer gives ya a hard time on the replacement , order a new one . It will take a month or so to get the new one painted . Then refuse to pay for it after you complain to the mother ship . In the meantime try some JB plastic weld after loosening the stressed point . It should go together . What a PIA !

If the stealer gives ya a hard time on the replacement , order a new one . It will take a month or so to get the new one painted . Then refuse to pay for it after you complain to the mother ship .

A dealer is not going to order an expensive part like this without payment up front.

I can`t see how a tech could have caused a crack in this location, all that was done to the tour pack was 4 holes drilled into the lid, the lid is even marked where to drill the holes, the crack is not on the lid.

If you are trying to get the dealer to warranty this part, don`t do anything to it.

They need to get you a new one not glue it together. What type of incompetent nincompoops are being certified as technicians and service managers? Whoever checked the trike when it was prepped to be placed on the sales floor should have seen it was damaged and reported it for a replacement. Who prepped the trike Mr. Magoo? I can see damage if it was used and maybe a 2009 Tri-glide, but not new and out of the crate and if it was damaged out of the crate it happened at the factory.

Quality control at the factory must sux. Why should you have to pay for a part that was damaged at the factory? You should be getting a replacement from the factory at no charge. :mad: How long have you had this trike? If it is about a month old I'd raise all kinds of H3ll and demand a new one off the sales floor, as I didn't spend money/finance a damaged trike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astrocreep
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png