Changing Triglide Transmission Sprocket

Went over and talked to my dealer about installing the 30 tooth on my '08 Ultra/Champion. I think the price of the pulley was around $75.00 and he said about 2 hours labor should do it. I think he may have under estimated the labor a little but I'm gonna try to get an appointment early next month and gitter done!! Thought I was finished when I did the big bore kit, cams etc. but you guys have convinced me I just gotta have that sprocket. The Copperhead is running really good now so the 30 tooth should put the icing on the cake!! ThumbUp

what does the 06 have??? I do have problems in first especially on a steep hill from a dead stop???

06 Touring has a 32 tooth sprocket, between the transmission ratios and rear sprocket the final drive ratio is pretty much the same as a Triglide with the 30 tooth sprocket.

One question: Does any adjustments have to be done to the speedometer after installing the 30T? Will it read correct? Just asking.

The speedometer will read an average of 5 mph faster than true speed. You can use either the TTS Mastertune, Dynojet Power Vision or a Dakota Digital makes a device that can be used to correct for the error.

Bought the 2010 TG used in July and have now 8000 miles I put on it.

Just road it 150 miles today (yes in Michigan) and can almost kick myself for not putting the 30 tooth in it before now. Sure is easier and more fun to ride now, and after this winter I will get the TTS tuner. Not real sure I need a cam change if the tuner will help it some more.I have the stage 1 and the catless header in it too,but the 30th was really worth it and not that hard to do.
I think I will have withdrawels this winter,unless I get snow tires, hahaha.

Bob:D

Did mine Sunday , what a pain getting the sprocket nut to brake loose. Borrowed tools from dealer for job, their nut wrence had 3/4 drive which helped with 5 foot cheater bar. Same as for retightning the nut all I could do was get the 32 degree mark even with the cheater. Tried setting belt adjustment by counting threads on bolt adjuster, didn"t measure same on both sides, had to us calipers. My belt didn't run on center in the rear pulley from factory. Does now. wheels still off good time to do brake job and install Dennis's lift brackets.

Bought the 2010 TG used in July and have now 8000 miles I put on it.

Just road it 150 miles today (yes in Michigan) and can almost kick myself for not putting the 30 tooth in it before now. Sure is easier and more fun to ride now, and after this winter I will get the TTS tuner. Not real sure I need a cam change if the tuner will help it some more.I have the stage 1 and the catless header in it too,but the 30th was really worth it and not that hard to do.
I think I will have withdrawels this winter,unless I get snow tires, hahaha.

Bob:D

You can get the TTS tune it using Vtune and decide from there, might be all you need to make you happy.

Just rode for about 100 miles with the 30. Wow! This Trike is now much more pleasurable! The gearing NOW matches the powerband! Great mod!

Just rode for about 100 miles with the 30. Wow! This Trike is now much more pleasurable! The gearing NOW matches the powerband! Great mod!

Makes the Triglide gearing what it should have been when it came from Harley Davidson. I know it is one of the best mods I made.

You can get the TTS tune it using Vtune and decide from there, might be all you need to make you happy.

Yes I will get the tuner to redo the speedo cal., and then get a base map and V tune from there. Sounds like fun and you must have some real power now with those cams.I still may do cams later myself (good challange) but will try in the spring just the way it is. If I shift at 4000 every gear now I'm moving along at a good rate, but never say never to more mods. You guys are a wealth of info on here for sure.

Thanks Bob:D

Yes I will get the tuner to redo the speedo cal., and then get a base map and V tune from there. Sounds like fun and you must have some real power now with those cams.I still may do cams later myself (good challange) but will try in the spring just the way it is. If I shift at 4000 every gear now I'm moving along at a good rate, but never say never to more mods. You guys are a wealth of info on here for sure.

Thanks Bob:D

Once it is all done you will be very happy with it.:D

Hi Guys,
I have a 2010 Ultra with a CSC Conversion.
Is there any reason why I could not change to a 30tooth gear?
Has anyone else with a CSC Daytona made this mod?
What was the result?
I was thinking of doing a stage III upgrade but maybe the sprocket change will give me the low end torque that is missing now.

Any thoughts?

Hi Guys,
I have a 2010 Ultra with a CSC Conversion.
Is there any reason why I could not change to a 30tooth gear?
Has anyone else with a CSC Daytona made this mod?
What was the result?
I was thinking of doing a stage III upgrade but maybe the sprocket change will give me the low end torque that is missing now.

Any thoughts?

I'm not familiar with a CSC conversion, the only thing that could be an issue would be belt length. You could touch base with CSC and see if it is possible.

Someone asked about top end speed -- going to the 30 tooth sprocket should INCREASE the top speed. With more power to overcome wind drag, top speed should increase. If you've tried to see what top speed is, you'll notice you're no where near 5500 RPM where it tops out.
NM

what sprocket does the 08 Ultra have installed?

H rrider mine had a 32 tooth front and 66 tooth rear I went to the 30 front and a 70 rear wish required a different belt... made it kind of a rocket on the take off and can get into 6 th gear at 50 mph....Only real draw back is there is a 10 mph error when I am reading 70 mph on my speedo it is only going 60 by my GPS... I am installing a speedo calibrator to adjust the error...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png