Are you riding less due to

Only been on the trike once (for the GWRRA meeting) since we came back from the Rally. Every day in July was over 100 degrees; 107 today when we drove to Sam's Club. Brutal. No relief in sight; we're in an extreme drought with a 'heat warning' - no measurable rain in eight months, and Central Texas is starting to look like the Sahara . . . feels like it, too! (Actually, it wasn't this hot in Egypt when I lived there . . .

)

Have not had my trike out in over two weeks.
Suppose to get up to 97 today with a heat index of over 105,that is just more then I can take.
:Crap::Crap::Crap::Crap:

:AllGood:Ride to work- shift starts 5:30pm and ends @5:30am. Been too humid/hot to do much on days off. Maybe mount a cooling system in Tri-glide box and run coils thru seat for a/c? Oh well, soon enough I'll be complaining about winter I suppose.:AllGood:

As a newbie, (April 2011) my wife and I just logged 5300 mi on our new trike, with over 450 mi this weekend. It is brutally hot though here in Indiana. I guess were just too excited with our new toy to worry about the heat though!!:yes:

Yes, riding less due to heat and the fact my hubby can't ride as much due to health. Really would like to ride more, but not during the heat/humidity! :(

My riding has slowed down! Like Blondigal, I got sick coming home from MV due to the heat and I am gun shy now. Will ride some evenings to go out and eat and have gotten in a few when the weather cooperates. No 95 and above for me, thank you!

I ride in the heat, better than the cold. As long as you keep moving it is not to bad. Try to put on 500 to 1000 miles every weekend, have to work the rest of the time. And yes it is hot in Eastern Kansas should be 108 degree's today, darn I have to work. Just ride and be safe. Jay A.

Riding less due to the heat. No long trips at this time, mostly locate trips late in the day and return after dark. Looking forward to the fall and beautiful weather.

jt -just sayin

Yep. I've cut out commuting (DC) almost altogether. The morning rush hour temp/humidity are workable but the afternoon rush hour temp/humidity are outrageous, especially with stop-and-go traffic. I ride locally on weekends but try to pick rides where I can be inside by 1PM at the latest.

Roger that! Not only is it too too too hot, but it's thunderstorm season. No thanks--I'll wait until September!

And no, the Chief has NOT installed my new saddle yet. :mad:
But in his defense, if I'm not riding anyway, guess he figures there's no hurry.

Yeah so far 2012 has been a real record breaker all over the country. We were up in D.C. a couple of weeks ago moving my daughter there for her new job and I was expecting some nice cool weather. It was as hot there as it is down south, but still enjoyed the sights, Smithsonian Museums and all.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png