Are you riding less due to

I'm Riding alot less this year due to the heat. It's been way to hot in Georgia this summer. Last night at 7pm my car told my it was 103 degrees. It's no fun riding my 2 wheeler or tike in that heat.

Somewhat OT, but I'm even riding my bicycle less because of the heat! Getting up early so I can get on the road by 0600, and it's even hot then, but not like it is later, when the sun is up over the trees. My cycling buddy wants us to do 40 miles on Saturday morning, but I don't know if I see that happening. Gah!!!

I just don't take either air cooled bike out during the day, here in Florida. Too hot for both myself, and my motors. I just wait until evening, when it "cools" down a bit, and ride at night. Being retired, I can ride all night without worrying about a job to wake up for.

Would have been riding everyday but been playing with kidney stones and a blood infection has had me down and in hospital.
Doctors tell me that this is prime time for uroligists because people don't keep themselves hydrated---keep a bottle of water on the trike with you.
Should we blame Al Gore for this weather ??

If I go out I try and get back home by 11am. Yesterday it was 111F. I didn't go out yesterday. We're going to be over 106 for the next few days so I'll not likely be 'till at least next week.

Smart doins! Glad you're well enough to THINK about whether you want to get out in it or not! Lookin' for you down this way one of these days soon!!

Hugs,
John & Nancy

Only had the trike out twice all summer.....mainly due to the heat,but also because we have been busier than a one legged man.................

Just not gonna be miserable on a ride(thats not why we bought it)

Early fall isn't looking too good either as there is a wedding and a cruise to "take care of":D

I ride every chance I get, it has been hot here as all over, but no one else out on the roads and perfect for an old fart like me to be out riding and enjoying the good old Georgia Heat and rain we get now and then,
No A/c, lolllll someone is spoiled.

At least we can all meet up here and TALK about riding our trikes. Nice cool & comfy here! :yes:

i love the heat, have trouble maintaining body temp.always cold.thats why i live in s.c.

Come to Texas, honey - you'll have nooooooooooooooooo problem maintaining warmth out here this summer!! We have had 88 (that's EIGHTY-EIGHT, folks!!) days at or above 100 degrees this summer. THAT'S ALMOST THREE SOLID MONTHS!!!

Please, Lord - that's enough! . . .

Absolutely! I like to have a good time when riding, and when it's in the 100s I do not have a good time. I've done it - when I had someplace I needed to go on the trike - but it snot fun for me under those conditions.

I hardly ride at all, sad to say,,,. Mostly because there's no one to ride with and I'm always tried for one reason or another.

But, I am making one last attempt to get off my kiester and take the trike out more often.

I'm putting a new fancy and quieter exhaust system on the trike. I think that might just give me enough incentive to take her out more often. The present exhaust it just a bit too loud for me, especially in my neighborhood. That's one of the reasons I never take her out early in the AM. I'd wake everyone up. So, with the new exhaust, we'll see.

While I prefer the low, low winter temps. I will ride in any conditions. For those high heat days, I usually keep an old throat spray bottle handy filled with water. It's good for misting me while I ride.:Turkey:
Someone who used to live in Tucson told be recently that they used to leave a 1-2 lb. chicken on their car dashboards and watch it cook completely in 2 hrs. I guess that's cleaner than cooking an egg on pavement!:Joker3:

Never heard of cooking chicken on a dashboard, but it wouldn't surprise me. There's some folks who use solar ovens because of the abundant sunshine refracting through the glass window of the oven.

The hot pavement is definitely a reality. Know two people who've been in motorcycle accidents and each received severe burns requiring skin grafts from laying on the hot pavement. Not road rash, but road burns. Absolutely true.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msmoker
Back