stallion transport trailer

3-togo

Reaction score
Hello,Has anyone purchased a trailer for hauling the stallion trike or contemplating same ? I believe the possum purchased one from Cocoa beach FL.WHICH LOOKED JUST RIGHT but would like to find one closer to wesr coast. Also GAESA covers,spelling wrong,makes covers you can tow with allowing one to purchase open trailer and still protect trike from the elements.Has anyone used the towable covers? Some what concerned with paint not being damaged. Thanks everyone

3-Togo,<br />
The best one I have seen is sold by SouthWest Trikes. I think it is closer to you than Any other dealer. The interesting thing is that the trailer is not located on their main site. It is the lightest one I have seen and it looks great.<br />
<br />
Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Hi I have a 7 x 14 Haulmark enclosed trailer that I purchased used. A 7 by 12 with a v nose would have worked if I cound have found one. Rear door width is the issue. It has a back drop down ramp. You will need dual axles with brakes. I put my wife Stallion in it and then my Harley Champion on a Rampage in the bed of the truck. I tow with a 1996 Dodge 2500 Ram with a 5.9 diesel I have used this setup for about 10,000 miles over the last 9 months with one trip being this past summer out to Sturgis then down to the factory in Texas and then back to Key Largo Florida in the keys. No problems even in the mountains. Ted and MJ Unit 175

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I've been facilating between open and closed transport. However, I was trying to increase my fuel economy. By the way,how bad are the no-see-ums in Key Largo?

The No-See-ums are not bad as long as you stay away from the man groves. They come and go with the seasons as everything else. Good luck on your trailer. Ted

Nice looking trailer, but no it is not long enough. You need around 130 inches inside length to get a Stallion in and that only gives you a couple of inches on each end. The door opening has to be at least 65 inches to squeeze through the width of the Stallion. Again that is only a inch or 2 clearence on the sides. A 6 ft wide trailer did not have a wide enough door opening for me to comfortly drive a Stallion through. 12 ft inside length will work, if it had a usable "V" nose it would be even better. Figure on the Stallion being around 1900 lbs with gas and your personal stuff on it. Ted

Thanks to everone for your advice. I talked with the owner of Rallytime and was very impressed with the trailer. He requested a side view to be sure the Stallion would fit. The brochure states the ramp width as 87 inches.However,the price was more than I wished to expend at this time.

The cover(gezagear.com) according to Ryan at company,will not cause damage to windshield or clearcoat. Additionally,they have the dimensions to cutom build cover. Anyway, I'm putting the Stallion in the barn for winter and hope to depart for the southwest canyonlands in April.

Stallion transport trailer

Can anyone help me with some required dimensions that I would need for a trailer company to fabricate a trailer for my Stallion? I would like to purchase the one from South West trikes but it is too heavy. I need a bare bones light aluminum trailer that weighs less than 400lbs. Please post pictures of the one you use if you can. Thanks

You got me confused, Mattel.:confused: Are you looking for a trailer to pull the Stallion, or a trailer to pull behind the Stallion? A 400lb trailer seems much too light to load up with a 1700 - 1900 lb vehicle, even if it is made with some big dollar high-tech unobtanium. Now if you're looking for something to pull while you ride the choices are dictated only by the numbers to the left of the decimal on your checking account balance.;)

Yea, I was hoping for a trailer to pull my Stallion. A bare bones just three skids made of aluminum.

I had seen that one, and I called them several times asking if they could make one in alum. but they cannot. That is exactly what I am looking for in a lighter version, but they were not able to help me. I was looking for some information to allow me to get that design fabricated out of aluminum, but they were not able to help.

When I am able to get something I will let you know. Thanks

I don't see why I could not get something like this trailer modified to work with the Stallion:

Alll Sport Fold Up Trailer

It has a 2,000lbs capacity. It weighs 400lbs, and all you need to do is remove the front two ramps and add a ramp that goes all the way across. Then all you need to do is back it up and install a short rail to hold the front wheel. I would think if you back it up you will not have the clearance problems, and you just use a long ramp for the front wheel. You will not have a clearance problem with the front because the fiber glass is so high. What do you guys think? If was was able to get an all alum. version of this it would be even lighter.

You can buy a good used, Car Tow Dolly, [see ebay] take it to a welding shop and have them make the tongue longer and weld a channel for your front wheel on it,and make a ramp also for the front wheel, and there you have it, if you want brakes,find one with brakes.

Car tow dolly, the Stallion is heavier on the front than most trikes, so you would want to load the stallion so that about a third or more of its weight is behind the axle of what ever trailor you haul it on [single axle] to keep the tongue weight down, I would not pull this behind a small car!!!

Hello,
I purchased an enclosed Pace American 7 by 12 dual axles with brakes. Installed e-track and used a wheel chock for atv.Had to buy two ,so I have one to spare. Really would have liked something lighter but works really well and leaving the stallion in the open with people around was not appealing.

HEY
Purchased Stallion & trailer. Picked up it up in Stugis . Rode it home 1000 miles. Tow's great don't even know it's there. Broke in at 70 to 80 mph almost all the way. Great handeling but a little more wind than my 2 wheel HD. Oly about 30MPG but at those speeds think that acceptable with trailer.
Rich

Congratulations. Anything available in camping trailers at Sturgis? Hopefully ,you picked the magnificent Black Cherry for color!!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png