Question on Exhaust heat shields

Jul 11, 2011
Fremont, Ohio, USA
I just noticed that I have what appears to be stone chips in the rear chrome exhaust heat shield. Is this to be expected? The trike only has 1,000 miles on it, can't imagine what it will look like with 10,000 miles on it. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately the rear heat shield is low which exposes it to all kinds of junk being tossed back from the front tire. We may not like them but chips are going to happen if we ride them enough. Last year I ruined the windshield from small pebbles and sand being tossed up from cars and trucks running in front of me while traveling on freeways, I have small little chips in the paint on my outer fairing also.

I used to worry about stuff like that when I was younger. Now I consider them marks of love.

Guitars I got new now have scratches, fretboard wear, nicks, and dings. It means I play them and don't just use them for wall art.

I am going to ride my trike as much as I can. Not interested in a museum-grade garage ornament. If things get bad, I'll replace or repaint. After I die, someone can restore it.

I used to worry about stuff like that when I was younger. Now I consider them marks of love.

Guitars I got new now have scratches, fretboard wear, nicks, and dings. It means I play them and don't just use them for wall art.

I am going to ride my trike as much as I can. Not interested in a museum-grade garage ornament. If things get bad, I'll replace or repaint. After I die, someone can restore it.

True words of wisdom :Agree:... Stone chips or not it is still a "sweet ride" and I plan on enjoying every minute of it...

Thank you my friends for putting it all in proper perspective... Drive safe and drive often ThumbUp

If it has chips that means you are out enjoying it. Now unless you have a show trike just understand that if you ride you are going to get them

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png