Reverse for your Valkyrie VTX Trike?

Aug 28, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO USA
Reverse for your Valkyrie / VTX Trike?

I have a Valkyrie I/S with a Triwing Industries conversion. I really want a reverse for it. I have found a guy who says he can build a reverse kit for it.
As of this writing, we are only talking aboutValks & VTX. My question is this: If he can build a functional reverse, how many of you with Valk or VTX conversions would want one, and what would you be willing to pay for it?
I don't seem to be able to figure out how to put up a poll, so just respond as you see fit. Stan

hmm, i guess it would depend on how much it cost to produce. but looking under my valkyrie i cannot figure how it could be done. the valk ain't that heavy, i just be careful how i park it and it has never been a problem. certainly not a thousand or more dollars worth of a problem.

now ! find me an overdrive unit small enough that we can bolt behind the engine and bring the mileage up to about 50 mpg and you got my attention

hmm, i guess it would depend on how much it cost to produce. but looking under my Valkyrie i cannot figure how it could be done. the valk ain't that heavy, i just be careful how i park it and it has never been a problem. certainly not a thousand or more dollars worth of a problem.

I have to agree. I'd "LOVE" to have a reverse on my Valk. But I still would need to know how much it would cost and what the installation would require. More than likely, I'd have to bring her to a dealer or someone who could do the install for me.

OK, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am trying to determine the market for this device. I want one & think about a $700 upper limit would be reasonable. The kit would be manufacturer specific, ie MotorTrike, Roadsmith etc. Would not be "plug n play" but close. Would probably entail drilling 4-6 holes, bolting it to the trike frame & running the wiring. All hardware & wire harness would be included, including a template to mark any holes needed and a schematic for the wire harness. If there is a market, this guy would make & sell the kits on the 'net.

In all honesty Grumpy, I'd imagine that your friend would have to get a decent number of people to commit to a purchase before he begins building these units. I for one would wait to see how it works out first before spending that amount of money. And as I had mentioned, my days of working on the floor doing that type of installation are all behind me now. I'd have to get someone to install the unit.

So with that said, just list me as in interested member waiting to see how it pans out first.

I'd be interested - but mainly just like to know how it's gonna work ? - so would pay for plans but shipping such a unit from the U.S. would cost me more than the unit .....

Cheers,
Bryan (Halifax)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png