reverse not working

payzac

40+ Posts
My reverse is not working .I have reset the trip switch and it keeps tripping when I try reverse

What could it be

Thanks

In advance for info

Randy

My reverse is not working .I have reset the trip switch and it keeps tripping when I try reverse

What could it be

Thanks

In advance for info

Randy

What year Triglide...If you are handy.......Pull the motor out open the top of it and check and clean the brushes......Sometimes they stick and have to be realigned.. But that usually is a temporary fix...

What year Triglide...If you are handy.......Pull the motor out open the top of it and check and clean the brushes......Sometimes they stick and have to be realigned.. But that usually is a temporary fix...

it is 2017 I thought it might be the brushes

will need to take out and look at it

Might know it would happen while I am down in Fla. without all my tools

it is 2017 I thought it might be the brushes

will need to take out and look at it

Might know it would happen while I am down in Fla. without all my tools

Just for giggles.......Give the motor a rap/tap with a small hammer and sometimes in a pinch it will loosen the brushes ....I have a old ATV that was given to me, And the guy that gave it to me...Thought it had a dead battery.. All i did was tap the starter motors case and presto it starts just fine...

Give it a whack with a rubber hammer, if the brushes are sticking, it may make it start working again until you can rebuild it

See...Jack you are a gentleman....I was thinking of a medal hammer, Being i work caveman style I forgot all about using a rubber hammer..ThumbUp...

Nothing you can't fix with a hammer

Tapped on reverse motor and working now:clapping:

Thanks for input from everyone will change out when I get back up north

Thanks again

Randy

No tool kit is complete without a hammer....:laugh:..ThumbUp....

What could it be

Thanks

In advance for info

Randy

Either use the forum search feature or go to the Harley Triglide forum and search "triglide reverse not working" and you'll find several good threads with the best way to cure your problem.

What could it be

In advance for info

Randy

Randy if the reverse is bad, check this post by Steve

My buddies reverse motor took a crap and he was looking for places to get it rebuilt. The two places he found wanted 500-600 bucks, one in Texas and one in Canton Ohio. So I contacted a local shop called Dayton Quality starter and they said yes, they rebuild them, so he dropped it off yesterday and they called today and said it was done. $256.00 and it comes with a one-year warranty. So needless to say, he was more than happy, and I know where to take mine if I need mine fixed.

Either use the forum search feature or go to the Harley Triglide forum and search "triglide reverse not working" and you'll find several good threads with the best way to cure your problem.

There is enough information on Trike Talk about the Harley reverse motor’ to fill an encyclopedia …

Back