TRI GLIDE SADDLEBAGS and BUMPER

This is what a correct install looks like. See the difference? I had 5 different people send me pictures of their installs and they look just like this - even the pictures in the P&A catalog look like this.

I have those things also plus a huge Saddleman bag made just for the Ultra, that holds a couple weeks worth of clothes, that sits on the passenger seat. What I like about the little bags is the convinience to put little stuff that I don't have to unstrap or unlock or lift up to get to.
Yes the price is a little high, but you can't take it with you.

At least these are useful which I can't say about all the chrome do-dads Harley sells.

What part of "I switched sides and it made very little difference if any" don't you get.

Here are the pictures of the bags mounted on the opposite sides. See any difference??

Since I've bought 4 bikes from this dealer and just plunked down over $32,000 plus thousands of $$$ in service and parts plus $350 for these bags plus $135 to install them, I would think the dealer would care a little bit on doing a good job for a good customer especially a delicate job like drilling holes in a huge plastic body.

I'll tell you one thing, if the dealer doesn't make good on this screw up, he'll never see another dollar from me.

Those pictures are disgusting. As I said before, I feel sorry for you.

What part of "I switched sides and it made very little difference if any" don't you get.

Here are the pictures of the bags mounted on the opposite sides. See any difference??

Since I've bought 4 bikes from this dealer and just plunked down over $32,000 plus thousands of $$$ in service and parts plus $350 for these bags plus $135 to install them, I would think the dealer would care a little bit on doing a good job for a good customer especially a delicate job like drilling holes in a huge plastic body.

I'll tell you one thing, if the dealer doesn't make good on this screw up, he'll never see another dollar from me.
man I would be pissed!! I would make them fix the issue correctly. Please see the manager I ask him if he would install them on his bike that way..

which dealer did you use?

I got mine at Wild Fire for $280. We (chapter members) get 20% off on parts and accessories.

I'd rather give my dollars to my local dealership - especially if there is only a few dollars difference.

Obviously not easy to install since mine were installed wrong.

They are great for small odds and ends.

Dealer is still saying that they installed the bags according to the instructions. I said then the instructions should be changed. Other dealers have done the install correctly. I told them I was very disappointed and I'm not going to accept this. They called me after I left the store and said they called Harley and a rep will be coming down to look at it.
After my last dealings with the home office, I'm not very hopeful. If I get nowhere with him, I may have to get a lawyer - if I can afford one.

Speaking of Zanotti, word going around is the owner is going to retire and shut the dealer ship down. The guys in the Internet sales dept are looking to make a move to another dealer who wants take it on.
I sure hope not they been great on pricing and getting the product to me fast..

Dealer is still saying that they installed the bags according to the instructions. I said then the instructions should be changed. Other dealers have done the install correctly. I told them I was very disappointed and I'm not going to accept this. They called me after I left the store and said they called Harley and a rep will be coming down to look at it.
After my last dealings with the home office, I'm not very hopeful. If I get nowhere with him, I may have to get a lawyer - if I can afford one.
Man good luck..I am wondering which Dealer you used as I am in the same area as you are.This way I would not use them in the future

You can always PM me..

thanks

Speaking of Zanotti, word going around is the owner is going to retire and shut the dealer ship down. The guys in the Internet sales dept are looking to make a move to another dealer who wants take it on.

They did New Castle HD I just placed an order to Zanott'a and it came across as New Castle. May take a little longer to get during the transition.
SR

They did New Castle HD I just placed an order to Zanott'a and it came across as New Castle. May take a little longer to get during the transition.
SR

Good to know they found a home, sometimes they come in cheaper than Lake Shore HD. I like to be able to price shop.

If it's just a matter of a few dollars, I'd rather support my local dealer (warts and all). Now, if there was a BIG difference in price, then I'd look elseware.
Since I get a 20% chapter discount, their prices are pretty close to internet dealer prices.

Maybe that's one of the reasons some dealers have closed shop - not enough local buisness to keep them afloat. :Shrug:

I know I'm late getting in on this,but, I installed the Trike saddlebags my self. They look like they do in the Harley catalog. I followed the instructions. I did not jack the Trike up to drill the holes. I find them very usefull (I do think the price is high for what they are). My Wife is 5'1" and there is no problem with clearance. Before I drilled the holes I placed the bags on the bumper to make sure they look right. Do it your self, just be carefull and double check everything before drilling the holes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png