14'F ride froze my bagels

Bikerbozo

Class Clown
Jun 9, 2010
Coram, NY USA
14'F ride froze my bagels. No, that isn't a euphemism. I took a nice chilly trike ride out to get breakfast for me and the missus and the butter on the bagels was frozen on ride back.:Joker3::AGGHH:

Wow!..You are a real man! You win! Wonder what the windchill was. A group of 25 of us went for a 100 mile ride yesterday and it was 30...That was bad enough. If I went for a ride at 14, I am sure that more than just my bagels would be frozen! And that IS a euphemism!!

What's an Euphemism? Don't thin I got any of them...........:Shrug:

Euphemism means a word or expression that means something else. In this case, think about something that might get very cold that you don't want to get cold. At least if you are a guy. To put it more plainly, it's when you freeze your :censored: off!

Well Bozo, Just trying to yank on someones chain, didn't think it would be you though. Enjoy reading your posts.....Keep it up.....Ol' Man...:wave4:
P.S. You got bigger Bagels (Euphemism) than I do at that temp...:AGGHH:;)

Euphemism means a word or expression that means something else. In this case, think about something that might get very cold that you don't want to get cold. At least if you are a guy. To put it more plainly, it's when you freeze your :censored: off!

'Scuse me -- it ain't just the guy's that feel the cold!!
"The girls" have been near frozen on a few occasions :D

Turns out the 14'F was the warm day for the week.
Just rode into work and it was 5'F when I left home. Tried to freeze my slide-rule off (I'm an Engineer), but I had too many layers on. The Artic level gloves also. A wind chill chart puts the 70mph I was travelling at -27'F.

Whooo!...You the man!! You could ride in the Antartic!! Like I said earlier..you win!
Good thing you protected your slide rule too,,, they dont work too well when they are frozen. If ya know what I mean.

Every time my wife sees an image of snow she says " Snow, I'd love to be in snow". She has never been in contact with snow. It's extremely rare to see it in Queensland ,then only on the southern tablelands for a day or 2.
I don't know how you guys do it. Just those numbers are making me chilly. I guess it's the old " It's not bad weather,just inadequate clothing" story.

Last year while on our riding tour of USA I saw, and touched my first snow! ThumbUp We were staying with friends in SLC, Utah and rode up into the Wasatch Mtns. My friend even got off her bike and went and got me a snowball to throw.... cool! :D
Also saw it up close while riding Beartooth Pass. Really beautiful site to see the snow capped mountains.

Get you and your wife some gerbing heated clothing and ware a three quater flip shield hemet with a ski mask are a full face helmet,and you can ride lots colder then that as long as there is no snow are ice on the road.
On a sunny day with no wind are a light wind it makes for a nice ride.
ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp:10::10::10:

Get you and your wife some gerbing heated clothing and ware a three quater flip shield hemet with a ski mask are a full face helmet,and you can ride lots colder then that as long as there is no snow are ice on the road.
On a sunny day with no wind are a light wind it makes for a nice ride.
ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp:10::10::10:

Hey, hey hey. Three wheels. Can't tip over....easily! nothing wrong with a snowy ride. Handles just like a car without ABS brakes.:Joker3::Freak:

Hey, hey hey. Three wheels. Can't tip over....easily! nothing wrong with a snowy ride. Handles just like a car without ABS brakes.:Joker3::Freak:

I agree, So far the only snow we had was in October, Went right up my driveway with ease, I had a Can Am [3 years] with traction control and abs, I would have to push it up the driveway. As soon as the tire would spin the engine would cut out.

Had tires mounted and blanced on the 2-wheeler yesterday so I went for a 75 mile ride in a t-shirt yesterday-Oh, I'm in central Florida and it is in the 70's today too !!!! This is why I retired in the sunshine---to ride all year round!!
Tomg

Another 14'F ride into work today. They are calling for 1" of snow on ground tomorrow. Stay tuned if I decide to take trike or not (no problems on it but cars are driven by complete *%$@!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png