A Day in the Life...

Craziest thing I saw the other day...guess it is a sign of the times.

Was rolling down a 2 lane road, speed limit 55 mph. It is a fairly well traveled road (for Mississippi).

Up ahead I saw a bike stopped IN THE ROAD. Not off the asphalt, but actually in the right side of the lane.

So I slowed down to see if I could help. As I got closer, the rider did not even look up from his cell phone. Just kept pecking away at it.

I continued on, looking back as I accelerated away. He never looked up from his digital universe.

I am still amazed how he thought he would not get hit by traffic traveling the same direction as he and his Dyna were pointed. There was NOT room for a car to pass him without crossing over the center line.

Kevin

Craziest thing I saw the other day...guess it is a sign of the times.

Was rolling down a 2 lane road, speed limit 55 mph. It is a fairly well traveled road (for Mississippi).

Up ahead I saw a bike stopped IN THE ROAD. Not off the asphalt, but actually in the right side of the lane.

So I slowed down to see if I could help. As I got closer, the rider did not even look up from his cell phone. Just kept pecking away at it.

I continued on, looking back as I accelerated away. He never looked up from his digital universe.

I am still amazed how he thought he would not get hit by traffic traveling the same direction as he and his Dyna were pointed. There was NOT room for a car to pass him without crossing over the center line.

Kevin

I hope he wasn't hit, but nature has a way of flushing the gene pool.

Took the Softail to a local Indie shop last weekend. They are authorized to do Warranty work.

8-5-17%20Cycle%20Therapy_zps8oizyzrp.jpg

It is still there...waiting for some parts to come in.

List of things being done-

Replacing front tire, tube & spoke band that I carried in to them. (non-warranty)

Replacing rear tire, tube & spoke band. I have the tire & wheel extended warranty and there was a nail in the almost new rear tire.

Replacing one of the rear shocks that was blown out. Covered by warranty

They are also trying to track down why it pulls to the left, and correct it under warranty.

(I've tried everything I could think of to get it to go down the road straight, to no avail)

It has pulled to the left since I got it, and I've had it to 3 different HD Dealerships. All three struck out on trying to fix it. We'll see how these guys do.

Kevin

I was at my dealer a few weeks back, as I was about to leave a bike that was waiting to turn in at the dealer was rear ended by a woman in a van that was eating a salad she had sitting on her lap.:gah: The bike was totaled but the rider thankfully had very minor injuries.

I was at my dealer a few weeks back, as I was about to leave a bike that was waiting to turn in at the dealer was rear ended by a woman in a van that was eating a salad she had sitting on her lap.:gah: The bike was totaled but the rider thankfully had very minor injuries.

Good to hear the injuries were minor. Hope the cager has good insurance to help the rider get a great new ride!

Kevin

Friday I was at the shop on the Sporty.

Not long before the end of the day we heard a lot of thunder, and some strong wind blowing.

I went outside and this is what I saw....can't tell from the photo, but the wind was blowing pretty strong and the storm was heading straight toward us.

Storm%208-11-17%20a_zps2az7i2br.jpg

I went back inside and pulled up the radar. You can see on the photo below where we are...right on the outside edge...the storm was moving southeast. My home is northwest.

I waited til the red/orange/yellow was gone and rode home in the rain, but no lighting. :)

Storm%208-11-17%20b_zpshkwhyfyp.jpg

Kevin

Getting rain here every day, sometimes flash flooding and things getting washed away. Ride safe. Jim

We get about 60 inches of rain a year...which is a fair amount, but with pretty good drainage, so very rarely is there any road flooding. What makes things crazy around here is when it ices up. It's like all the folks on the road have no idea what to do...it can look like a cartoon sometimes.

So Kevin, I'm looking at your good looking bike here and realize that there's no windshield or protection from the elements...do you wear rain gear or go for the soaked outlaw biker look? :Dorag:

During the warm months I rarely carry rain gear. The rain can be nice in the hot weather.

When I left the shop yesterday the sun was shining and it was 87*. About halfway home it rained hard for about 5 minutes, then the last 10 minutes it was sunny again. By the time I was home the bike and myself were almost dry.

Kevin

We almost did not go to Beale Street last night. It was a bit warm at 98 degrees. We did end up going, got there a bit early....

1%20EP%20week%20early_zpsgbdphvgi.jpg

...we're glad we did. We did not realize it was the 40th anniversary of Elvis Presley Week, commemorating his passing.

2%20EP%20week%20sign_zpsga4xe2yr.jpg

There were thousands of folks from out of town, and out of the country!

This is a photo of a couple of gals sitting next to us at the Rum Boogie. They came from England for Elvis week, and it was a bonus for them that bike night was going on at Beale Street.

3%20two%20gals%20from%20GB_zpskkn3zz2a.jpg

We spent some time chatting...both of their sons ride, one a Harley, the other a Triumph. Quite a lively pair! They took a photo for us of Mary & myself.

25%20English%20gal%20took%20a%20pic_zpsg3rw7uqv.jpg

We saw dozens of fans...

4%20Elvis%201_zpsy7vrvinr.jpg

...dressed up like Elvis...

45%20Elvis_zps3iwgjhnr.jpg

...and hundreds of gals in 50's style dress and hair.

5%20Period%20Dress_zps8rso4pdw.jpg

A photo of one of the gals from England, along with a chap who had also traveled from England for Elvis Week.

6%20Gal%20from%20GB_zpssmqtjza8.jpg

More in next post.

U R having way too much fun

I like it Great Pictures Keep em coming along with ur great products

I am thinking about 1 of ur tank lifts Real Hard I want 1:D

Continued...

It is starting to fill up a bit now.

7%20Starting%20to%20get%20busy_zpspsmacp4y.jpg

Another diehard Elvis fan.

8%20another%20Elvis_zpsxoq5pr7q.jpg

After the sun went down...

9%20rolling%20in%20now%201_zps03avfbbv.jpg

...the bikes were rolling in...

10%20Rolling%20in%202_zpsvvdacepk.jpg

...non-stop for the next 1.5 hours...

11%20Rolling%20in%203_zpse64j50kz.jpg

we were there. We left out a bit after 8:30 and they were still rolling in steady.

Last couple of pics from our table...

12%20non-stop_zpsves6gnha.jpg

...before we cut out.

13%20a%20break%20in%20crowd%20walking%20by_zpsql0jjghp.jpg

When we left it had dropped down to 91 degrees. About 15 miles out of downtown I took a photo going down the road. Phone camera does not do so well at 70 mph at night. lol But the temp had dropped a bit, to 89 degrees.

14%2089%20on%20way%20home_zps9wkgzuni.jpg

It was an exceptionally good night at Beale. :)

Kevin

Grandson to see the Zoo today, What a good time we had all the animals a the Aquarium.

Attachments

• DSC00606.JPG
    DSC00606.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC00592.JPG
    DSC00592.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC00589.JPG
    DSC00589.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC00615.JPG
    DSC00615.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00623.JPG
    DSC00623.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC00614.JPG
    DSC00614.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 294
Yesterday afternoon we had a doozie of a storm roll thru. But when it was time to ride home, it had passed.

All was clean and clear for a perfect ride home! :)

Sunset%208-17-17%20a_zpspzqxnuhq.jpg

At 59, sometimes I am amazed that I enjoy riding just as much now as 50 years ago. It's times like these where I just want to keep riding, chasing the sun. :)

Sunset%208-17-17%20b_zpsvemolruh.jpg

Kevin

Yesterday on the ride home, got hit by a bug in the chin. It stung a little, but I did not think anymore about it.

15 minutes after I was home I think it must have awakened from its' concussion. lol

This little bugger, pictured below, was crawling around in my beard between the first tie and my chin. :xzqxz:

He's about 1" long, and those little legs were irritating on my face.

Bug%208-18-17_zps4evjucbe.jpg

Kevin

Yesterday on the ride home, got hit by a bug in the chin. It stung a little, but I did not think anymore about it.

15 minutes after I was home I think it must have awakened from its' concussion. lol

This little bugger, pictured below, was crawling around in my beard between the first tie and my chin. :xzqxz:

He's about 1" long, and those little legs were irritating on my face.

Bug%208-18-17_zps4evjucbe.jpg

Kevin
The real question is it he still alive? or dead (smushed)

:laugh: I had to un-rubberband my beard to get him out of there. I then took the photo you saw while he was crawling on the sink top.

Mary then carried him outside to continue his life. :)

Kevin
Sorry to say there would be a price to pay for messing with me. It is just who I am. I have had June bugs leave welts on my face many many yrears ago alsso Locusts Zero tolerance for insects. :sneakydevil:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roadrunner1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png