A Day in the Life...

Today was a perfect day for a nice putt...70* on December 3rd. Wow!

Mary and I just wandered around some backroads, ended up over at Melissa & Devins' (the "D" in DK) house.

He had Dwaynes' Iron Head there...

Dwayne%20IH%201.jpg

...to do some welding on it in his home shop (not enough room at the DK shop right now).

Dwayne%20IH%202.jpg

Here's the laser that is cutting out...

Laser%202.jpg

the Christmas Ornaments and the Man Cave Signs...

Laser%201.jpg

...in action...

Laser%203.jpg

...straight out of the laser, not yet cleaned up or varnished.

Laser%204.jpg

Gabe, Devin & Melissa's 18 month old son, likes motorcycles, go carts, ATV's loud cars and trucks... it is a blast to see him want to make them go "vroom". Devin took him for his first ride on a Tri-Glide!

Devin%20Gabe.jpg

Took some video of the 3D printer going...have not edited it yet...but here's a pic of what we use to make a lot of our prototypes.

3D%20printer.jpg

Couple hours visiting...then we took the long way home.

Relaxing afternoon. :)

Kevin

I got back home last night a few hours after dark. Only got rained on a little... not enough to soak my jeans.

This morning it was raining and cold...had Mary carry me in to work in her truck. I could have ridden, didn't feel like it then...now wishing I had. lol

bf6537582cc13e28b2f9feae72bbe2b2.jpg

Kevin

I got back home last night a few hours after dark. Only got rained on a little... not enough to soak my jeans.

This morning it was raining and cold...had Mary carry me in to work in her truck. I could have ridden, didn't feel like it then...now wishing I had. lol

bf6537582cc13e28b2f9feae72bbe2b2.jpg

Kevin
I feel your pain but I'm not going to get to ride again until maybe Feb. or March:mad:.

Looks like the occasional days of 60-70 degree temps are gone for a few months.

I'll be putting on my winter windshield this weekend...coulda used it this morning with it at 36* on the ride in.

Kevin

I was out in 9 degree temps on my other toy. Cranked up the brush and made the snow fly. Temp wasn't bad, but there was enough wind to put a bite in it. The brush means I'm only out 45 minutes instead of two hours. Now it's hot fire, hot drink and Trike Talk...;)

That's better than what I'm looking at: :xzqxz:

View attachment 52059

Never understood how it can get so cold in winter and so blame hot in summer up your way. Several years ago we were on one of the National H.O.G. Posse Rides up your way. Rode the Enchanted Highway which is just magical and spent the night in Dickinson. Next day group was headed to Theodore Roosevelt National Park. It was September 2nd I recall because my riding buddy's birthday was the next day. Anyway the temp was like 105 degrees! Yikes! We skipped TR Park and headed down to Red Lodge and rode the Bearthooth where it was a lot cooler and then hooked back up with the Posse a day later. I really enjoyed riding up in your area but those temps made ours look bearable, lol.

I was out in 9 degree temps on my other toy. Cranked up the brush and made the snow fly. Temp wasn't bad, but there was enough wind to put a bite in it. The brush means I'm only out 45 minutes instead of two hours. Now it's hot fire, hot drink and Trike Talk...;)

Sounds like fun...especially the warm part. :)

Kevin

Has this ever happened to you? Have had it happen few times to me.

e091ff06e3fa8dc79320a31e4b92c350.jpg

Kevin

Yep.......Many times, In 2008 when i had one of the first Spyder's in NJ.. And one time while driving though a little town in NY...He the cop [Constable] didn't know that they were street legal.....And once with my 71 Beetle .....I would go though the next town from me every morning at around 4:30 Am on my way to Manhattan, The Beetle was pretty well beat up from playing bumper cars with the yellow cabs.. The Cop stoped me because he said you come by every morning , And i just wanted to see who was driving that piece of junk....Back then Cops had a sense of humor.... And so did i....:D

My first day in FLA

A motor cop pulled me over on the way to work

This and that and it was ALL about my custom work on my NEW 97 FLHT

Nice guy but made me late for work:cool:

Yesterday I was out riding and stopped at one of the few HD Dealerships left that works on old iron.

Burr is the mechanic (no, he is not a tech, he is a real mechanic) that works on the old iron at Collierville Bumpus Harley-Davidson.

Snapped a photo of this Pan as I walked over....

CBHD%20Pan.jpg

...to look at this 80+ year old Servi Car.

Servi%20Car%201.jpg

Wood floor in the trunk...

Servi%20Car%205.jpg

Guys with Tri-Glides and Freewheelers may find the underneath somewhat familiar...

Servi%20Car%206.jpg

Among other things, Burr was doing a carb rebuild...

Servi%20Car%203.jpg

Been a LONG time since I've seen a float made of cork!

Servi%20Car%204.jpg

Amazingly nice condition!

Servi%20Car%202.jpg

Sat around for a bit talking with Burr and Tony (service writer) about everything from flattys to the new M8's.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png