A Day in the Life...

Kevin, thanks for the photos of the Servi Car. That is really nice. I may mosey over there myself and check it out before he gets it off the lift.

Yeah, I think you'll enjoy that. They have that Pan and also an old Indian in there right now too.

Awesome finds Kevin

You are correct

Techs are just that

A real mechanic can make something from nothing

We have to make a lot of our own parts;)

Yeah, one of the things we were talking about is the digital technician that is used on all the newer bikes. Everytime a bike comes in, the "tech" plugs it into the digital technician, which relays info to the mothership in Milwaukee.

Kevin

That is a LOT OF OIL. Multiple quarts on the road.

Oil%20on%20road%201.jpg

Coming up to the stop, I did NOT realize it was oil and my front brakes did not slow me down...tire just slid.

I'd like to think that if I was on one of my 2 wheelers I would have been more aware of what was on the roadway.

Truth is, I'm not sure I would have been.

It is not unusual to see a line of wet on the road like this, and it is almost always water leaking out of the bed of a pick-up truck.

As you can see from the red -------------- line I put in this photo, it started way down the road.

Oil%20on%20road%202.jpg

It's been a long time since I've run across a big oil spill on the road...sort of had left my awareness list. It is back on there now!!!

Kevin

That's kinda scary Kevin. If you'd been on two wheels it might have caused a problem. Several years ago I was in Bardstown, KY, stopped at a traffic light waiting to turn left. I was third in line and the street had a slight uphill incline. It had rained a bit earlier that day and the streets were still damp. When the light changed and the car in front moved so did I and I immediately began to fish tail violently and before I could react at all I (and my wife) were on the ground. Fortunately we were not hurt but had a heck of a time just getting up as the roadway was slick as ice and I immediately recognized the smell of diesel fuel. We had a tough time getting the bike righted and off the roadway also due to the wide area of the spill. It doesn't take much to ruin a perfectly beautiful ride. I am glad to now be on three wheels.

That's kinda scary Kevin. If you'd been on two wheels it might have caused a problem. Several years ago I was in Bardstown, KY, stopped at a traffic light waiting to turn left. I was third in line and the street had a slight uphill incline. It had rained a bit earlier that day and the streets were still damp. When the light changed and the car in front moved so did I and I immediately began to fish tail violently and before I could react at all I (and my wife) were on the ground. Fortunately we were not hurt but had a heck of a time just getting up as the roadway was slick as ice and I immediately recognized the smell of diesel fuel. We had a tough time getting the bike righted and off the roadway also due to the wide area of the spill. It doesn't take much to ruin a perfectly beautiful ride. I am glad to now be on three wheels.

Yes, there are some BIG benefits to 3 wheels!!!

When I was 18 I was making a left turn, at an intersection, into our neighborhood. It was night time. I had made that turn a thousand times. This time there was an oil spot in the apex of the turn. I went one way, the bike went the other way. No damage to either.

But ever since then, and to this day, I am very careful at intersections, where cars/trucks have been sitting, waiting their turn.

This one this morning took me by surprise...it was so long, and looked just like a bunch of water coming out the back of a pickup truck on the slight incline.

Lesson learned.

Kevin

Kind of like Black Ice

It thru me round 360

I came out in the right direction

This was on an on ramp in MN in March

Good thing I had a clean uniform in my locker at work:p

Back in the 70's, Coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel headed to Jersey on my Cb 750 , I hit a patch of Diesel fuel on the corkscrew , Down i went low side , Still have the bone in my left elbow protruding out a little.....To this day whenever i'm leaning into a left turn, I still get a little cautious....:xzqxz:

Kitty litter will do a lot to absorb that. But it's gonna take a LOT of it!

Some years ago I got put down by what I think was mildew. I was makin a right hand turn out of a drive way and crossed a place in the road where water was running just a real thin stream. I was accelerating up the hill and the next thing I knew I was on my right side. Fortunately the bike had crash bars and wasn't hurt, I was just embarrassed and went back to see why that slight bit of water put me down. Looking at the water closer I could see where it had what looked like mildew growing on the blacktop probably because it had been running there for a long time. I just chalked it up to experience and went on.

PC

Kind of like Black Ice

It thru me round 360

I came out in the right direction

This was on an on ramp in MN in March

Good thing I had a clean uniform in my locker at work:p

Back in the 70's, Coming out of the Lincoln Tunnel headed to Jersey on my Cb 750 , I hit a patch of Diesel fuel on the corkscrew , Down i went low side , Still have the bone in my left elbow protruding out a little.....To this day whenever i'm leaning into a left turn, I still get a little cautious....:xzqxz:

Kitty litter will do a lot to absorb that. But it's gonna take a LOT of it!

Some years ago I got put down by what I think was mildew. I was makin a right hand turn out of a drive way and crossed a place in the road where water was running just a real thin stream. I was accelerating up the hill and the next thing I knew I was on my right side. Fortunately the bike had crash bars and wasn't hurt, I was just embarrassed and went back to see why that slight bit of water put me down. Looking at the water closer I could see where it had what looked like mildew growing on the blacktop probably because it had been running there for a long time. I just chalked it up to experience and went on.

PC

Yep, ice, diesel fuel, mildew and a host of other slippery stuff....all bad combos when added to a curve and 2 wheels!

Kevin

People at a outdoor cafe....Looking at a bike with loud pipes going by...

Biker, Wow their looking at me...They must think I'm cool'''...

The People at the cafe thinking ;There should be a law against ''A'' Holes like that...:mad:

People at a outdoor cafe....Looking at a bike with loud pipes going by...

Biker, Wow their looking at me...They must think I'm cool'''...

The People at the cafe thinking ;There should be a law against ''A'' Holes like that...:mad:

Yeah, has a lot to do with wrist control....but I understand, there are some folks that will not be happy no matter what.

All my bikes have loud pipes (see Sporty, Softail and Tri-Glide in video below), but I've been all over North America, including Canada, with them...never had a problem...When I'm around neighborhoods or a lot of traffic/people, I don't rap the throttle...purposely ride quiet.

Where I live, my neighbors don't mind, and I'll ride normally (loud) during the day, but if I'm leaving or coming home when folks may be sleeping, I ride quietly.

Today's 'modern' biker is giving the public something else to hate instead of loud pipes. These days the stereo is louder than the pipes...:confused:

Yeah! Some of those stereos make the loudest pipes sound quiet.

During bike nights we eat at an outdoor cafe and watch/listen to the bikes go by. Every now and then there will be someone rapping their pipes so loud we have to quit talking and wait for them to move on....same thing with guys playing their stereos crazy loud.

5%203%20more%20bikes_zpsslyckr8x.jpg

Kevin

Decided to change out my License Plate Bracket and Run/Brake light today-

Changing%20Plate%20Run%20Brake.jpg

Getting all the wire exposed to leave some going to my turn signals, and the other wires to go to my plate bracket (which is going to be mounted off of the primary).

Plate%20Wiring.jpg

As I was working on it, I realized I want to go ahead and change my turn signals, front and rear, also.

So I started digging into the wiring, most of which I did on this bike 5+ years ago...

Going%20Deeper.jpg

...gonna finish up the new plate and run/brake install tomorrow. Then do the turn signals soon after.

A mini "Winter Upgrade" on the Sporty. lol

Kevin

Finished installing the primary mounted License Plate....

Primary%20Plate%201.jpg

...with some bright LED Running/Brake Lights.

Primary%20Plate%202.jpg

Did not go for a ride...I was in shorts and a tee when I finished and it was cold, raining and dark outside.

Also removed the front and rear turn signals. Still ruminating on what I'm gonna run out back.

In the meantime it will be hand signaling.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png