A Little Outdoor Cooking

cooked 2 alligators on the smoker last weekend . stuffed with onion, celery, and sausage. had crawfish bread , and tater salad. my 60th birthday bash.

Okay ... as a pretty conservative eater ... I've never had alligator, had lots of stuff I shouldn't of tried ... lemme guess, tastes like Chicken? Gotta admit, I'd probably try alligator. I've had crawfish.

Question: Do you, I don't know what to call it, hunt them, catch them or are they farmed like beef and such? I'm kind of fascinated by the whole alligator thing. Although, part of me thinks maybe your pulling our chain ... LOL. Also, don't them critters come pretty big? How big's your smoker?

London Broil

Okay ... so Safeway had London Broil on sale BOGO free. Couldn't resist. Haven't used the grill in awhile, been smoking everything. But, I went for it. My grill doesn't really get hot enough to create the great grill marks, but, on the other hand, it cooks kind of low and slow. So I seasoned it, put the remote reading thermometer in it and cooked it for 10 minutes, turned it 90*, another 10 minutes, flipped it, another 10 minutes, turned it 90* and the last 10 minutes.

After the 40 minutes, the internal temp was 160*, perfect medium. I like it a tad rarer, but, mom likes it medium so, she gets the edges, I get the middle. I've learned that I can never win an argument with an 84 year old women. It's important to note that you need to cut it against the grain, London Broil can be a tad tough. This was very tender for London Broil. Also, I left it covered in foil (resting) for 10 minutes before cutting it.

Here's how it looked:

London Broil 070418.jpg

I also cooked corn on the cob with a new recipe. I got it from America's test kitchen. You take a gallon of unsalted water and bring it to a rolling boil. Drop in 6 ears of corn, shucked. Turn the heat off and cover. Let them stand in the hot water for 10-30 minutes. Eat. They where very good. I just rolled them in a little butter and ate them. Still didn't need to add salt. They were really sweet and not starchy at all.

Didn't do pics of the corn, but, who hasn't seen corn on the cob before.

Nice Fuzzy, looks good and juicy. We've done a couple of the London's on the grill over the years, really good beef flavor.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Busymo
Back