A question on the DK tour pak relocation

myhonda

1+ Posts
For those who have this relocation kit --- did you set it back the 1" 2" or 3". I am thinking the 3" but worry about the "look" viewed from the side. I wish for my wife to have the greatest room and comfort but worry about the tour pak looking to be hanging off the back. It is late March in Wisconsin and I am running out of trivials to worry about.

For those who have this relocation kit --- did you set it back the 1" 2" or 3". I am thinking the 3" but worry about the "look" viewed from the side. I wish for my wife to have the greatest room and comfort but worry about the tour pak looking to be hanging off the back. It is late March in Wisconsin and I am running out of trivials to worry about.

Robert, Welcome to Trike Talk on your first post..đź‘Ťđź‘Ť..

If the Tourpack is moved the full 3 inches, what is the best filler pad to prevent the passenger from falling in the gap. The Kuryakyn is frequently out of stock. Candee Customs has been mentioned as making a filler pad. Does anyone have experience with them, possibly pictures?

If the Tourpack is moved the full 3 inches, what is the best filler pad to prevent the passenger from falling in the gap. The Kuryakyn is frequently out of stock. Candee Customs has been mentioned as making a filler pad. Does anyone have experience with them, possibly pictures?

I took my filler pad to an auto upholster and had them add 3 inches. Cost me less then $50.

I went 4". This required drilling a couple new holes in the relocation kit bars, plus adding two more support bars.

Definitely worth it.

I started with 3" and then decided to mod it to 4".

No way I would consider 2". For anyone. Ever. Go at least 3".

Nevin

I agree with the consensus here. 3” is fine and doesn’t look bad at all. I used a removable headrest from a car to create a filler cushion between the seat and trunk.

Well heres a twist for ya’ll - I moved my T-P all the way foward……..ride solo (Wife has her own).

Love the look love the trike, happy camper!

:Coffee:

I also have this on my Tri glide and only have it in the middle position, not all the way back.

I would like to move it to the further position (to also give more room) but now I just installed an adjustable riders backrest and wondering if that will crowd the wife out too much.

So I may move it back to the furthest spot.

the question I have next: will the wife still be able to sit on the passenger seat just as good without issue? Or will she “feel” the larger gap?

The other mod I would need to do is get the larger “flap” (either find a kuryakyn or have one made)

Can I see some pics of the furthest position of the tour pack in conjunction with the rear part of the seat?

Thanks!

This is the Kury filler pad on my '21 trike with DK relocation kit

x39Oa4uR_o.jpg

Back